• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

to the same dark places; velkan/sarah pony
    I’m thinking about my mothers, mostly because it’s convenient to muse for a moment about the similarities I share with the stallion I’m about to meet since it probably won’t come up organically in conversation. I’ve been avoiding the forest because the sharp acidic smell of my birth mother’s horrid blood slapped me in the face there just the other day and I knew she had been hunting, knew it had gone sourly and she would be looking for more blood.

It’s why I keep gravitating to the meadow, with the open spaces. The mare that acted as my sire could still sneak up on me here but that shadow has other places to lurk now, surely. She won’t need to harass me.

I don’t miss them, don’t want them to resurface again, because I’m enjoying my return to Beqanna and the friends I have made so far.

I think that’s why I instantly like the pale-gold stallion that comes over to say hello - no one in my family is ever such a sunny colour so it looks bright and warm to me. We’re all black and shades of blacker than black.

“Hello!” I sing back, the brightness of my voice is at odds with my appearance, and I'm already at ease with the kind greeting I’ve gotten. If someone came over and asked me how I was doing, that must surely mean they’re genuinely interested, right? And it doesn’t seem like he’s staring unnecessarily at the way my cheeks are hollow and malformed or the curve sharp edge of my upper lip that hides the rows of gleaming black teeth hidden within.

I don’t remember the last time someone asked how I was doing. How do I even answer that?

I guess the truth couldn't hurt!

“Why I’m doing just super! How about you?”

when anaxarete met ripley

@[cringe] HERE have a reply already

Messages In This Thread
    RE: to the same dark places; velkan/sarah pony - by Velkan - 06-28-2019, 06:36 PM