• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  let me crawl inside your veins, litotes

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She doesn’t understand how this can feel like a mistake and also completely right. She doesn’t understand how she can feel Ophanim pressing at the back of her mind, like he is digging claws into her heart, and then in the next breath Lie is kissing her hip and everything fades away and all that is left is only them. She can tell herself that she was simply swept away by the tides of lust and intoxication, but something in that doesn’t feel right. There had always been a lingering desire with Lie – of course there had been, it was undeniable. But there was also a genuine love that had grown inside her heart, even if she had tried to avoid it. She doesn’t know if it’s romantic, or if it was just one of those friendships that grew to be something so fierce that it transcended all definitions.

She knows that she would do anything for Ophanim, that she would die for him, just as Lie would die for Kensa.

But there is a part of her, even if she refuses to acknowledge it, even if she locks it away so tightly that she could deny it until she runs out of breath, that knows she would die for Lie, too.

“Always?” She echoes his statement, and there is a hushed disbelief when she does. She can read his mind, and she still doesn’t believe him. She finds it impossible that someone could always want her. He’ll grow tired of her, tired of her games, tired of her stubbornness, just the way everyone else did.

But she doesn’t argue with him, because in a heartbeat, he is on her, and then inside of her. Her slender neck arcs with a soft, breathless gasp, and she is suddenly enveloped by the warmth of his body and the feel of his breath against her neck. Without thinking, she curves her head around, and her lips caress the silver snowflakes of his muzzle that rests near her shoulder, and then beneath the groove of his jaw as shes says softly, almost desperately, “Just for tonight, pretend that I’m yours.” Her blue eyes close, her lips still near his mouth as she adds in a quieter whisper, “Please.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: let me crawl inside your veins, litotes - by Starsin - 08-04-2019, 10:01 PM