• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  tell your baby that i'm your baby

but you’d never get hit without earning it
    and i only hit you first ‘cuz i deserved my own hit too
    still it comes the time to call you out
    since i’m the one that you should be about

The air is strange today. As Litotes passes through the breeze of Pangea, he finds that the land smells stale - perhaps destitute. He sighs, a deep and resigned noise, a heaving of his chest he almost wishes he is incapable of. There is hardly anything to do within his shadowed home, and maybe that is why hardly anyone wanders past its border. Though, there is hardly a thing to do in all of the kingdoms, and Pangea had played its role in the most recent war . . . The Archon shakes his head. He has much to do today, worrying about his land is not on the list.

Even as he passes the border into Hyaline, the air is off. It is too still, almost melancholy. Whatever odd emotion it presses into his chest with each quiet breath, it stiffens him. Every muscle clenches as he walks, tightening as he steps further into Hyaline. The graceful slopes of the mountains no longer catch the air in his throat, and the beautiful wildflowers no longer catch his eyes.

This is alien in a way unlike his reunion with Kensa. Anxiety twists his stomach into knots.

Eventually, the jello air becomes too much. The way each thriving plant is new and yet so old unsettles him. He drags what little shadows exist beneath the Hyaline sun to his sides and emerges in the meadow his family calls home. Kensa is ever brilliant and golden beneath the heat - almost too blindingly bright for his mortal eyes. The Archon rushes to her, buries his mouth in her mane and breathes in deeply.

“I’ve missed you.”

She is right, even when everything else feels wrong. She has always been right.

Litotes

@[Kensa] here is this pile of hot garbage :)

Messages In This Thread
    tell your baby that i'm your baby - by litotes - 06-16-2019, 04:24 PM
    RE: tell your baby that i'm your baby - by Kensa - 06-22-2019, 08:41 PM
    RE: tell your baby that i'm your baby - by Kensa - 07-05-2019, 07:54 PM
    RE: tell your baby that i'm your baby - by Kensa - 08-04-2019, 10:05 PM
    RE: tell your baby that i'm your baby - by Kensa - 08-11-2019, 11:17 PM