• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

well it'll be a miracle, velkan

In the short year he has been alive, so much has happened that it makes his head spin to try and make sense of it all. Leliana was endowed with magic the moment he slipped from her womb and then, in the blink of an eye, she was gone. After that, he was shipped off with Larke to the east while violence reared its ugly head in his homeland. War raged between his mother and father while he waited patiently for life to return to normalcy. He didn’t even know his father died, honestly.

Now he’s standing in the meadow with the yellow summer grasses tickling along his belly, soaking in the peace and quiet for the first time in his entire life. The black orchids tangled in his mane shiver in the light breeze that lovingly brushes his forelock from his face. The sun has only just begun its descent toward the horizon so there are plenty of hours left in the day for him to bask here. Leliana won’t call him back to Tephra until the stars cast their light across navy clouds. A faint smile forms across his lips as he takes a few steps forward. A trail of bent grasses mark his path through the commonland if anyone should like to track him down.

He wonders if his mother is tracking him, as she often does once he leaves her side. Chronos offers a soft snort in case she’s listening in on his thoughts. As most yearlings often do, he believes himself too grown to be bothered with his parents keeping a watchful eye on him. Don’t they know he’s practically a man already? His mane and tail are no longer newborn fuzz but rather hangs down in sleek locks. The ridges of his baby ribs are hidden beneath muscles that grow stronger with each passing day. Clearly, he is mature enough to be on his own these days.

If you’re eavesdropping again, I’m doing just fine, Mom.

He lifts his chin a little higher as he comes to a stop once more. Perhaps this day would be more enjoyable if Larke were here to enjoy the scenery with him, but he decides to tolerate her absence for now. They’re typically attached at the hip but he recognizes her need for independence every now and then. For now.

Chronos

sometimes he calls me baby and I swallow my own tongue
    sometimes he hands me the knife just to watch me give it back

@[Velkan]

Messages In This Thread
    well it'll be a miracle, velkan - by Chronos - 06-08-2019, 12:23 AM
    RE: well it'll be a miracle, velkan - by Velkan - 06-10-2019, 11:24 AM
    RE: well it'll be a miracle, velkan - by Chronos - 06-13-2019, 05:31 PM
    RE: well it'll be a miracle, velkan - by Velkan - 06-20-2019, 04:58 PM
    RE: well it'll be a miracle, velkan - by Chronos - 06-20-2019, 05:28 PM
    RE: well it'll be a miracle, velkan - by Velkan - 07-06-2019, 06:39 PM