• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    like a dream in my arms but I'm wide awake; rae

my soul is in the sky

For a girl that grew up in the sky, her head has never been in the clouds. Rae is not a dreamer, but a realist, able to deal with the cards handed to her without letting the weight of them crush her. Then again, she has always run from one place to the next, not to escape but to simply live in the only way she could. Such a life was an escape though, never settling, never facing the truth that she had little else than the clouds and the birds and the wind. They were wonderful things, but it was only in coming here – coming home – that she was truly beginning to realize that there might be more to life than the version of it she had been living.

The absence of her family didn’t hurt, but the presence of her uncle and the knowledge of her family left her heart singing in a way she didn’t know possible. Maybe their lack had hurt, but it had been a hurt she’d carried for so long she’d never recognized the pain for what it was. Something in her lifts though, and the wind tugs at her mane in response, her power simply flowing out in the waves of joy she feels, harmless but so very much a part of her.

He responds, starting with denial but then he stops and seems to be considering. Then he starts laughing, and she tilts her head not privy to the joke or the cryptic message her mother had left for Lee. He keeps talking though, and she listens, trying to puzzle out just what he might be. It must run in the family,” he says, and at that she grins as lightning cracks across the sky nearby. She was not her mother, and she didn’t wield electricity but she did wield the weather and as such, could at least conjure the lightning that marked their family.

“It does,” she says, but of course she’s already made her point. She really just couldn’t resist showing off a little though. “You aren’t like my mother though. My brother had the same power, and his felt different than you do. Besides, you conjure whole storms…” she trails off, not entirely sure what he was. “Whatever you are, you make storms when you fly. So let’s figure out exactly what you can do and how you control it.”

She grins again before taking off from the cloud, heading into the sky. Maybe they’d need an obstacle course or sorts, but for now, she waits for him to join her so they can figure out what’s happening.

rae

@[Leander]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like a dream in my arms but I'm wide awake; rae - by Rae - 07-16-2019, 01:56 PM