• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    like a dream in my arms but I'm wide awake; rae

my soul is in the sky

Rae had been pondering the concept of roots as of late, wondering how a girl who knew only the wildness of the wild could, perhaps, learn to live with something tethering her to the ground. She loved the sky – no, more than love – the sky simply was an extension of her. But wouldn’t it remain so, even if her feet touched the ground more frequently? The war had not gone unnoticed by the daughter of the wind, though she hardly understood it. All she understood was that those that fought loved so fiercely they would die to protect others, to protect the land they called home. The idea baffled her, and her birds were no help, squawking about how stupid horses are.

“I’m a horse,” she’d retorted at them, though they only laughed and shook their little heads. No, you are large bird, they told her, and it struck her how very right and how very wrong they were all at once. She was a large bird in so many ways, her movements more avian than equine, her only semblance of family the birds in the sky around her. Yet she wanted to be more than a large bird that came and went with the wind and the seasons; she wanted to taste of the earth and drink of connections she only currently dreams of.

Could she? Perhaps she simply needed to try.

Today, though, she’d set out to find the thunderbird horse that the birds had been yammering on about. They were rather disgruntled at the constant storms he left in his wake, forcing them to go around. He isn’t all that hard to find. The birds can feel the brewing storm, and besides, they know what to look for. They pass her the message easily enough, and the storm is already raging by the time finds him above some place she thinks may be called Brilliant Pampas. The storm that rages around him is not shocking, but the fact that he calls out to her and not the other way around halts her in her tracks.

Why was he looking for her? Moreover, how did he know her name?

Rae has, quite literally, stopped in her tracks. Her wings don’t beat, though she hovers effortlessly, staring at this boy that fights tooth and nail through a storm to get to her. Why? It takes her a moment to realize that she should probably help, and then, wings starting to flap again, the storm clears around them as she uses a magic she hasn’t used in quite some time. Rae manipulates wind as easily as she breathes, but she has always been less inclined to mess with the weather as a whole. Still, she can, though she finds it strangely difficult to clear the storm, a difficultly she doesn’t quite think is from her lack of practice but rather from the source of the storm.

As soon as she clears the storm, his wings seem to create the beginning of another. It takes constant effort to keep the storm at bay, and finally, though she wants to ask him how he possibly knows her name, instead she simply says, “Can you stop it with the storms?” sounding rather annoyed. The storms certainly wouldn’t kill her, and she didn’t think they’d kill him either, but it made it rather hard to fly and nearly impossible to talk.

rae

@[Leander] eeeeeeeee <3 don't you just love her first words ever to him? hahaha

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like a dream in my arms but I'm wide awake; rae - by Rae - 06-10-2019, 10:15 AM