• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

litotes;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was

First, it was Hyaline. It was near enough to make the trek easy on his exhausted muscles. The wind helped lift him and he glided into the familiar territory with grace and determination. Upon the visit’s conclusion, however, Castile returned to Loess solely for Tiphon’s threads of magic to tend his screaming aches before taking flight again. This time, he shifted in the sky toward Pangea.

Rejuvenated, Castile reaches the dismal kingdom in a reasonably short span of time. He has heard rumors that it was borne from a magician’s greed, only to be destroyed, then again rebirthed. It’s riddled with decay and memories of darkness and sacrifice. Don’t venture there, mother once said, but that was more than a decade ago when he still relied heavily on her teachings and milk.

Alas, there has never been a necessity to visit until now.

It’s strange to realize a kingdom’s location without ever having been, but its naked cliffs are a beacon in the sky. It fuels a fascination in his gut as his altitude decreases and he spirals in a slow, gradual descent until his hooves have touched down on the dry, dusty ground. It’s likely he has already been seen, as was his intention, she he remains quiet at the border, allowing the breeze to carry his brimstone-and-fire scent across the eastern territory. 

castile

@[litotes]

just casually stealing litotes threads for myself lol

Messages In This Thread
    litotes; - by Castile - 05-27-2019, 11:42 AM
    RE: litotes; - by litotes - 06-06-2019, 06:08 PM
    RE: litotes; - by Castile - 06-18-2019, 01:43 PM