• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let me crawl inside your veins, Ophanim and Cress

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She hardly remembers making it back to Loess. She remembers the way the earth in Tephra had begun to shake, and how sparks seemed to fly from the volcano as it first began to sputter, before finally releasing the vibrantly glowing lava. She remembers making sure Ophanim, bleeding and broken, made it into one of the portals that had opened up,  and she remembers following him.

But landing in Loess, with her brain still in a fog from the resulting blast when she had collided with the white dragon, and the smoke that had filled her lungs and stung her eyes, left her still feeling dazed and confused. 

Blinking her eyes, Loess almost feels too bright in comparison to the shadow-world they had just left. It takes her a moment to regain her bearings, but when she does she immediately feels a flood of panic as she spins around in search of Ophanim. She finds him, golden and tattered and still stained in blood, and her heart drops. There is no hesitation when she presses into him, her lips finding his cheek and his jaw as she whispers, “You’re alive.” But then, she brushes across where the dragon’s talon had punctured his throat, her lips coming away wet and soaked with his blood, and she feel an icy fear once more grip her. “I’ll be right back, okay?” She pulls away from him reluctantly, before disappearing further into Loess.

She runs, just as she had been doing all day and all night – running to Malone, running to Tephra, running to Ophanim. When she finally arrives in front of the golden mare, she is chaotic and disheveled, and nothing at all like the poised, often sharp-tongue woman that she portrayed herself as. Her mane clings to her damp neck, the stars across her sides seem to be duller underneath the sweat and grime and ash of Tephra, but the intense desperation in her cobalt-blue eyes could not be denied. “I know you hate Loess, and you hate us,” she says, breathless and with panic still lacing every syllable that she speaks, “but you have to heal Ophanim. You can leave Loess once you have.” She says the words before even realizing it, and if there is a flicker of regret, she hides it well, as she adds firmly, “You have my word, even though that likely means nothing to you.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Ophanim] @[Cress]

Messages In This Thread
    let me crawl inside your veins, Ophanim and Cress - by Starsin - 05-23-2019, 11:45 PM