• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

haunted by the ghost of you; vulgaris
    VulgariS
    " i could be ugly in loving you. filthy and soft-mouthed. wolf-tongued and terrible.
    i could carry my heart in my mouth like a bird dog to you, so gently i wouldn’t leave a mark. "

The familiar fingertips of her healing and her magic find their way across his skin and he doesn’t shy from them as they begin to put him back together. He doesn’t notice their yearling daughter rushing toward them, her silent hooves finding muted sand until she collides with Leliana. Vulgaris opens his eyes and watches his wife stumble back before quickly gathering the girl up in her embrace. Why is she here? She’s a healer; she shouldn’t be able to travel between this world and the one before it. His brows furrow as he tries to make sense of it until the sky replaces its visions of the serpent’s life with those of his daughter.

No. Not yet, not like this.

There is no blood in his veins but he feels his body turn ice cold with dread as he watches her burn in pain. His baby, his Linnea is supposed to live much longer than her parents so that she can experience the world. She’s supposed to grow old and live a happy life. Luckily there is no breath for him to steady or a heart to slam into his ribs as he’s filled to the brim with dismay. He need only hide his expression from his darling daughter right now.

You’re with us now, Linnea. Everything is going to be alright now,” he says as he steps forward and kisses her small temple. “Close your eyes and when you open them, we’ll be back in Tephra. I promise.

He swallows hard and lifts his head to meet Leliana’s. Vulgaris gives her a snort nod and he braces himself for whatever is about to come. The words don’t find his lips but he hopes his wife knows to save their daughter if there is only enough time or strength left in her for one of them. Somehow, he would find another way back to them.
    @[leliana] @[linnea]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: haunted by the ghost of you; vulgaris - by vulgaris - 06-04-2019, 10:09 PM