• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

haunted by the ghost of you; vulgaris
    VulgariS
    " i could be ugly in loving you. filthy and soft-mouthed. wolf-tongued and terrible.
    i could carry my heart in my mouth like a bird dog to you, so gently i wouldn’t leave a mark. "

Her voice is soft the way it used to be, gentle and kind when he uses the wrong word for her war. He nods slowly when she explains and he knows what she means. When he thought Dovev had hurt her, he wanted to tear Nerine apart and set fire to everything they ever loved. Everything in his core cried out for justice back then. He presses more kisses, gentler this time, against her face when she lets her regret pour out in waves. He would do anything to keep her from hurting like this, he thinks.

But you didn’t mean to. I know you only wanted us to pay for our crimes. I know.

He breathes her in and sighs, wishing he could drink her pain into himself so she wouldn’t carry that burden by herself. But then she asks him to come back and he nearly chokes at the thought of being brought back to life. Here, in the eternal night, he can no longer harm anyone or break her heart the way he routinely used to. Larva finally moves closer, taller than each of them with a solemn face.

“I understand if you have to go. We’ll have the rest of forever to catch up again, Vulgaris.”

Vulgaris looks back to him, brows furrowed as he weighs his options. He misses falling asleep beside her, especially after their time apart, but could he risk ruining their lives again? She could finally have a life she deserved and yet she came all this way to call him back to the land of the living. He turns back to her and trails more delicate kisses against her jaw, down her neck as he holds her close.

I would die a hundred more deaths to make you happy. It’s the coming back that terrifies me.. But I will do anything for you, Leliana.

Larva feels a half hearted smile creep across his face as he begins the long walk back to his own wife, calling over his shoulder, “I’ll be sure to tell Dillan all our grandchildren’s names.” Vulgaris watches him go and it summons a strange sort of ache in his chest. They’ll be reunited again, eventually, but already he misses his parents before the old serpent is even out of sight. He buries his face in Leli’s mane and breathes a slow sigh as he tries to accept what’s to come.
    @[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: haunted by the ghost of you; vulgaris - by vulgaris - 05-21-2019, 12:16 AM