• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Must bar the windows and the doors To keep me safe, to keep me warm; Noah

that's all there is

She’d retreated back to her fields and streams after what she witnessed in Loess – conflicted, afraid, she can’t bear to stay in Loess to finish her visit with Wolfbane and Lepis, but nor can she bear to seek out Leliana, despite that their visit had been cut short as well. Three of the maybe five friends she can claim to her name, and they are arrayed on opposite sides of a bitter feud – what are the chances?

Noah finds comfort in her home. She wanders along the fields, encouraging the growth of riotous flowers in their multicolored glories during the day, and the pastel night-blooming flowers when the world is lit only by the silver moon overhead. She’s mostly alone and quietly content with it, and is almost startled by the sound of someone else splashing along the creek bed. Shaken from her dream-like reverie, she crosses the field with the plants she trods upon growing back still stronger in her wake, until she sets green eyes upon the stallion in the stream.

He’s tall, taller than Noah already even though he doesn’t look to have reached his full growth (he’s rangy with youth, but not in an unpleasant way). Dark, a deep black, and clearly injured. Or healing, formerly injured. She’s not sure. He speaks, though she is quite sure he doesn’t know she is watching, of the mountain. Noah shivers, remember what happened when she answered the call to go to the mountain, but she also knows there are good things there. Hoping not to startle him too badly, the little mare creeps forward, trying to lift her whisper-soft voice over the babble of the moving water.

“Hello,”

noah

@[Jakub] sorry for the wait!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Must bar the windows and the doors To keep me safe, to keep me warm; Noah - by Noah - 06-13-2019, 08:56 PM