• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The things we leave behind (Ruinam, Any)

-Adria-

Ruinam might not know it yet, but if he was willing to bridge the gap between their quiet homes then he should probably try giving Adria a chance. She’s not the common type, nor is she of a nature to double cross. Charming as she was these days, the Nereid mare still earnestly believed in the good of all those around her and that was what fueled her desire to take Ischia and keep it safe. To have children and give Leliana the promise of loyalty.
    If he was interested in trusting anyone at all, by chance alone their meeting was a great one.

All he had to do was look into her eyes and see the earnest determination there. To sense the confidence and passion deep inside of her.
    Adria was the trustworthy kind.

“How does anything happen in Beqanna?” She shrugged as an answer. “I was born with water-type powers but this gift - walking on top of the water without effort - just came to me recently.” Maybe he expected a little bit more of an explanation, though? “It’s a matter of pure willpower. I desire not to swim and so I don’t.” Adria grinned.

She watched him dip down and saw the way his fox, the little male animal, jumped astride his shoulders like a tiny rider stepping onto his gigantic mount and couldn’t stop herself from looking away and trying to stifle an attractive laugh at the image the two made. Make no mistake; Adria wasn’t intending to be rude it was just… well she’d never seen anything like it before!

“MMm… hmm. I’m sorry.” She tried composing herself as she turned back to look at the horse and fox. “Thank you both for taking a leap of faith. Or, in this case, a few steps.”

Serious again, the water mare winks calmly and then turns to face the ocean as it rolls past her to the shore. She inhales, feels the faint buzz of her power as it rises like a great wave inside of her. For this particular trip she doesn’t try to push herself. She sticks with what she knows best. Directly where Ruinam stands the water goes still and stops rocking, the next moment it hardens like a sheet of fine glass. The area isn’t too wide or too long; it’s large enough that Ruinam could stretch his legs which is exactly what Adria intends.

“Go ahead.” She urges him with an excited grin. He could step onto the water and not fall through, just like her. “I’ve made it so that wherever you step your feet will meet solid resistance and not sink. Like me.” The Nereid explains. She has a firm grip on her abilities by now and she’s more than certain they won’t slip.

A wild, devil-may-care smirk flashes prettily over her mouth before she challenges, “Race you back to Ischia.”

And then, she leaps forward into a gallop.

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Ruinam] feel free to reply to this thread in Ischia if you want! Or we can end it here and start a new one; I'm totally fine with whatever you want.
    Also, I'm more than okay with him totally leaving her in the dust since she's such a short little thing and pretty much hopeless when it comes to racing lol.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The things we leave behind (Ruinam, Any) - by Adria - 06-19-2019, 09:24 PM