• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the everlasting ghost of what once was; oriash

Solace's answers seem to catch her daughter off guard and she is suddenly sure of her decision. If Ori wanted to find her again, she would have to know where to look.

"I'll be here," she confirms, returning her wandering gaze to the girl's eyes.

(eyes so familiar even if this was the first time she had truly looked into them)

But the fleeting intensity dissipates as a gentle laugh escapes Solace - brought on by her daughter's observation. It is a sound which reminds her of her former life, of a grotto full of children and wisteria trees. Of harsh winter nights in Hyaline which only made the comfort of their home shine even brighter. A life Oriash never had the opportunity to be apart of.

You are kind of a mess...

Ori pulls the debris from Solace's frost-kissed mane and the tender attention softens what could have been harsh words. But Solace doesn't falter; she had never been one to shy from the truth.

She was a mess, a fact which is reinforced as she uncontrollably begins to phase again. She hadn't stopped to think, much less compose herself, when she flew from the mountains, the result being that Ori is seen her as very few have. But Oriash doesn't leave the comment to linger, continuing to ask what she could do.

Solace pauses. Her lips draw together as her she considers.  What she wanted was to hear the sound of Ori's voice, to be close to her, to begin to learn who her youngest child was. But the fear of asking too much weighs on her mind.

"Will you stay with me, just for a little while," she offers. A faint gleam of light ripples across her skin, but her face betrays no concern. There was still strength in her, although it was not easy to see "... tell me about the places you have been and the creatures you've met."

"Then you will run along, get back to whoever is missing you." A half-smile breaks as she brushes a stray wisp of her companion's dark forelock back to its place. "To know that you are alive and well is more than enough for now."

S
    olace
        we're reeling through an endless fall
    we are the ever-living ghost of what once was

@[Oriash] hope it's ok that i put up this super late closer! If it contradicts something you have come up with IC in the meantime please let me know and i can change anything
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the everlasting ghost of what once was; oriash - by Solace - 08-21-2019, 11:51 AM