• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

love is my religion; oriash

love is my religion. i could die for that.

I She, like so many of his siblings, is different than he. They each share a piece of him, and he in turn a piece of them, but he himself is so of his own. He has spent more time in his own head than in the real world and he has yet to truly understand the repercussions of the land around him. He has known that his, their, mothers wore a crown and relinquished it. He knows the plague has touched them—he remembers the fever and the blood on his lips if nothing else. He knows and yet he does not feel it.

So much of it simply washes over him, leaving him untouched.

But there are pieces that he recognizes reflected back at him as he looks at her, taking in the parts of hers that are so clearly passed down, and he cannot help but smile, dreamy and ethereal and overjoyed. “I am,” he confirms, letting the illusions of their family softly fade in the distance to leave just the two of them.

At her question, he angles his head, making sure to give it the proper amount of thought.

“I can and I can’t,” he says and he begins to weave something like an ocean around them, the waves pulling at their fetlocks and rising around their cannon bones. He can taste the salt on the air and the faint freshness that can only mean the open sea. “I can bring things to life as easily as mother can control the planes of the dreamworld, but they are like this ocean.” There is a faint rumble of thunder in the distance, a crash of wave that he doesn’t let hit them. “But it has a life of its own. It’s easy to fall into the tide.”

i could die for you.

@[Oriash]

Messages In This Thread
    love is my religion; oriash - by aegean - 05-12-2019, 11:59 AM
    RE: love is my religion; oriash - by Oriash - 05-13-2019, 09:45 AM
    RE: love is my religion; oriash - by aegean - 05-22-2019, 12:16 AM
    RE: love is my religion; oriash - by Oriash - 06-03-2019, 03:36 PM
    RE: love is my religion; oriash - by aegean - 06-08-2019, 05:20 PM
    RE: love is my religion; oriash - by Oriash - 06-12-2019, 01:18 PM