• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

love is my religion; oriash

love is my religion. i could die for that.

Aegean can relate to wanting to look elsewhere. Once his mothers had faded into the Beqanna backdrop, once his family had receded like the tide leaving the shore, he had felt himself drifting further and further from what had once been considered his forever home. But he was not meant to be trapped within the Cove forever. He wasn’t not meant to walk the same paths a hundred times over, and he soon finds that he finds new ones. Some go to places recently discovered; others to places he has yet to see before.

In both cases, he finds something worth treasuring.

But never before has he found something worth treasuring quite as much as this. Her gifts call to him and they weave around one another, the family so real and so close that his dreamer’s chest aches with it. When she finally answers him, her voice significantly more rooted in reality than his own, he cannot help the smile that spreads across his beautiful face. “So you must be my sister then.”

He has always known the triplets; from birth, they were pieces of unchanging parts of his world. But he had been in this situation before. He had run into family who did not know they were family with Abysm. This feels different, and he wonders at that. “Then these are your siblings,” he pauses, far-seeing eyes almost wistful as he corrects himself. “Our siblings.” What a strange and marvelous thing.

He calls the first one forward, breaking them apart from the rest. It is a young stallion with of gold and white with blue markings and the familiar leopard tattoos that she carries in her own way. “This is our older brother Rhaegor.” The stallion steps back as the young mare steps forward, her proud head carrying the familial antlers, her bay body marked with leopard prints and her mane woven with blue. “This is our sister Warlight.” She steps back as another stallion steps forward, a mix of white and cream, gills hidden amongst his fur. “This is Sviko.” From behind, a fuzzier male comes into focus, the pale gold of him and the ghosts of his eyes clearly painted. “And this is our brother Abysm.”

A half-brother, but that had never mattered to Aegean.

The same way it wouldn’t matter if he knew about his half-siblings on Solace’s side.

But he doesn’t so the dragon-twins don’t make an appearance. Instead, he lets the brothers and sister fade into the background once more, turning his head in her direction, waiting patiently.

i could die for you.

@[Oriash]

Messages In This Thread
    love is my religion; oriash - by aegean - 05-12-2019, 11:59 AM
    RE: love is my religion; oriash - by Oriash - 05-13-2019, 09:45 AM
    RE: love is my religion; oriash - by aegean - 05-22-2019, 12:16 AM
    RE: love is my religion; oriash - by Oriash - 06-03-2019, 03:36 PM
    RE: love is my religion; oriash - by aegean - 06-08-2019, 05:20 PM
    RE: love is my religion; oriash - by Oriash - 06-12-2019, 01:18 PM