• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

follow my voice, I am right here; vulgaris
    VulgariS
    " i could be ugly in loving you. filthy and soft-mouthed. wolf-tongued and terrible.
    i could carry my heart in my mouth like a bird dog to you, so gently i wouldn’t leave a mark. "

He was not born a monster. But hate planted a seed in him and call him son while time nurtured that seed into a lush forest where everything that blooms is black. He thought Leliana turned that forest green and gave it life where before it had only a hunger for the kill. A month ago, he would have sworn up and down that their love had cleansed all the ash and soot from his tar black soul and taught him how to deserve her. But this winter has thrown a shade over him and everything is ink-colored once more.

He was not born a monster but he is the best at what he does.

Vulgaris watches her crack and he grits his teeth as he forces himself to stay put. Leliana tears into him and he knows he deserves every word, so he bears it even when it threatens to rip him open so that he can bleed out right here. She thinks he’s given up and he laughs, a sound so full and booming that it even startles him. She doesn’t feel the scorching heat of the thousand suns of his love trying to burn through him no matter the cost. He’s glad that he hides it that well.

When her despair rumbles through the ground, he steps closer, unafraid and unapologetic for the storm they brew together.

Then go. Forget what it’s like to feel. Forget everything we ever had if it helps you,” he says, close enough for her to hear the way his fangs all clack together on the words. “I will love you until the stars lose their will to burn, until I forget everything but the shape of your lips.

His words are soft but they come spilling out in a roar, jaws snapping like he might tear her face from her skull just to get to his golden enemy. But he remains put as his words just keep coming

I love you more than you could ever know, and right now that means making sure you hate me.” The words curl out in a snarl, his lips now against her ear. “I love you enough to give you your vengeance and I want to make sure you don’t regret it for one second.

Even now, the smell of her hair is heaven and he wants to bury his face against her neck, but he refrains. She wasn’t born an angel but she’s learned how to make a man pay for his sins and he’s ready for the ax to fall.
    @[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: follow my voice, I am right here; vulgaris - by vulgaris - 05-13-2019, 11:53 PM