• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  at the barricades

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

Litotes’ eyes drift over Pteron’s maturing face. He studies the lines and angles that are beginning to truly take their place. A formidable young man, he thinks, with an admirable ambition. The Archon rarely finds it within himself to be meek these days, but there is something about the young warrior before him that instills a certain humbleness. Simple, quick beginnings - that is it, he reminds Lie of his own eager start. For a moment, he prays that the pegasus’ pages do not turn as his have.

There is an air of surprise when the cremello’s companion mentions not moving up in the soldier’s ranks. Pteron is a stallion of promise; if Litotes did not like Castile so much, he might even ask him to come to Pangea.

“Not an official warrior yet, huh?” he murmurs, rolling his eyes to the swishing of the foliage in the cold wind. “I am certain that will change soon.” Litotes grins, then quips, “Have you not yet mocked? Surely someone in Loess is interested?” There is a mild pause, a quick silence, where the cremello wonders what the representatives of his once-home are up to. With the scent of war on the wind, he thinks they should be preparing. At least, that is what he has come to speak to Castile about: what sides are going to tear Beqanna in two, and what the dragon-king plans to do about it.

“You know, Pteron . . .” his eyes roll back to the tobiano’s, “there is talk of war to be waged on Loess. Best to be prepared, yes? And perhaps I can show Loess the good faith of Pangea with a friendly mock?” Lie smiles, topaz eyes glittering with his hints. “Good diplomatic relations . . . and we can both get some practice. I have not battled in some time.”

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    at the barricades - by litotes - 05-09-2019, 11:37 PM
    RE: at the barricades - by Pteron - 05-10-2019, 10:00 AM
    RE: at the barricades - by litotes - 05-12-2019, 07:37 PM
    RE: at the barricades - by Pteron - 05-13-2019, 07:30 AM