• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The things we leave behind (Leliana, Any)

-Adria-

Smoke billows out to contrast in gray curtains against the white of the daylit sky. Fauna blooms alongside the riverbed where Adria swims, head submerged, and she looks up to marvel at the way the green tendrils dip into the stream as she passes them by. Tephra is lovely at the mouth of the sea, waters that are warm against her scales in a way she appreciates, but the sulfur is thick and so aquatic animals are scarce and primitive.

She rises, stepping out from water that is the same shade of blue as a shadow, and onto a red shoreline littered here and there with small, pitted rocks. Her yellow eyes see green-capped hills, cloaked by swaths of humid fog like many veiled women; all curves and beauty. Carpets of lush grass sway when she passes over them, drinking the liquid that trails off her skin and adding to the already water-heavy air. She likes it. Loves the way it feels like swimming though she’s not underwater.

But she’s not here to pass the time idly admiring the scenery, no. She’s here to find her liege, the sovereign of this place which would also make them the protectorate of her and her daughter Eva, along with the unborn flutter of life that swells inside her still-growing belly. Ischia was a quiet place, a private place near and dear to her, but it couldn’t stay that way if she lived like her mother and chose to ignore the way Beqanna worked.

Her safety was dependant on those more powerful in the eyes of her peers, and with gentle determination she sets out across these verdant pastures in search of whomever that may be.

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Leliana] but of course open to others as well

Messages In This Thread
    The things we leave behind (Leliana, Any) - by Adria - 05-06-2019, 09:36 PM