• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i think your love would be too much, starsin.
    Ophanim
    If there is anything that Ophanim has done remotely right during his affairs, it is that he never lied to them. He never offered them his heart or pretended to care for them as he did Starsin. They were only meant to sabotage everything he was afraid of losing and he could never dream of replacing her with someone else. Even if today was the last day he was afforded the privilege of kissing her, she would be the last woman he ever loved in his life. Does she know that she eclipses everything else in his life? Would she ever guess that he gave up his migratory life just for her? He knew if he kept wandering as he used to, she might not find him as easily.

But she confesses her love once more and it feels like a weight is pulled off his chest to hear her speak the words. Suddenly he’s able to breathe and feel the sun against his back. Still, her trembling voice breaks his heart all over and he wishes he was smart enough to find the words to comfort her.

I love you, Starsin. No matter what happens to us or what has happened, there is only room in my heart for you,” he whispers against her skin. He would shout it from the mountain if she wanted him to, though. He would introduce himself not as Ophanim but as her lover. The role means more to him than his name ever could, anyhow. “I was born to be yours.

He kisses along her neck and closes his eyes so he can imagine a life where they don’t hurt each other like this. In his fantasies, he’s at least smart enough to cherish her and treat her like a queen. Ophie dreams that his finger isn’t always hovering over the trigger just waiting to ruin everything she has worked so hard to build. But at least in the real world they have a family, with a son any father would be proud of and a home he would defend to the death.

In this world, she can actually kiss him and mean it.
    @[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i think your love would be too much, starsin. - by Ophanim - 05-10-2019, 02:27 PM