• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so show me where my armor ends; wolfbane

The birth of their recent three children had been… excitingly unexpected. That they would have three rather than one, that Lepis would give him two more sons and another daughter to match, that they continued to create something so wholesome in a world so twisted by death and sickness. His wife’s underlying strength to weather even the most horrible of storms never ceases to amaze him. He had promised her fidelity and love, and that promise had manifested itself in their children who undoubtedly would make their own marks in this world.

But everything isn’t perfect.

Her quiet acceptance of their situation - Castile taking back leadership - unnerved the striped pegasus. They personally had no reason to worry, as Castile had verbally affirmed their acceptance here and even encouraged his challenge against Vulgaris, but through it all Lepis had stayed primarily out of the way and seemed to haunt the small place they’d carved out for themselves in Loess.

He didn’t want to push her. He loved her, and knew perfectly well that if she had something to say she would come to him and just say it.

So she does.

He enjoys being near her since his return from Nerine. The increasing paranoia of Wyrm’s eventual return kept him close to their fledglings and primarily within the boundaries of Loess itself. Rousing from a light sleep, Bane opens his eyes and shifts from his rest to turn and watch her approach in the dark. “I know that look.” He comforts her quietly, noticing that their children aren’t trailing at her heels. The bold lines of his legs still glint in the reddish-orange light from the moon overhead as he steps forward to embrace her.

“What’s on your mind?” He questions Lepis, taking the liberty of running his mouth through her mane.

Refugee of Loess : Member of the Southlands

Wolfbane

@[Lepis]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: so show me where my armor ends; wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 05-01-2019, 03:24 PM