• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

If my heart was a house, you’d be home - any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    Life on the Isle had become routine so easily: treading back and forth along the border, visiting the heart-shaped lake and the only tree there, when he needed to think (knowing full well only three could or would follow him there in winter). Caring for his son - the youngest replacing the oldest, the cycle continued - and now Breckin had retreated once more. This time, even he couldn’t quite know where she was exactly. It worried him, and for a long enough while his mind had been so occupied.

But lately it had occurred to him just how silent this Isle was - and subsequently remembered that the diplomatic visits that had been planned in the last (and first, and thus the only) council meeting, had never been followed up upon.

Thus, today he followed up himself. Way too late, but late was probably better than never. And perhaps he’d postponed the visits because it would be weird, to go to Tephra. But he’d figured that sending anyone else here instead would not do his relations with them any good, either.

Not because the Isle was particularly important. But because the last he’d heard of his daughter, said she’d “fled” here.

When he arrives, he’s glad that it is autumn. He’s never climbed the volcano before, and quickly decides that due to the ice magic in his blood, he probably never will.

After all, he’s climbed the Mountain quite a few times now, and figures the volcano’s heat is not worth the view to an ice-drake.

He calls out at the border, even if it’s an open land - he is a foreigner, not a traveller or one looking for a home and so he deems it polite. Right now, he’s simply hoping to only speak with Magnus today.

Not that life had even been simple for him, though. It would be just his luck.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    If my heart was a house, you’d be home - any - by Leilan - 04-25-2019, 12:34 AM