• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  What the water gave me [Brennen]
    SO GIVE ME HOPE IN THE DARKNESS THAT I WILL SEE THE LIGHT
    'CAUSE OH THAT GAVE ME SUCH A FRIGHT
    It seems like ages ago that he had given up his comfortable, pleasant life in Ischia with Galilee. He still loves the little appaloosa mare he has raised quite a few children with, his long-time Queen, and they had parted as friends. But a friend he loved and co-parented with was not the same as the furious passion he has for Scorch; he’d given up Ischia, given up Galilee, and moved the Brotherhood to Nerine. He should have known it was too good to last, but they’d raised Blue together and been well on their way to creating something deeper, and then her longtime husband had returned, and chaos had ensued.

But he’s still here.

Where else would he go now?

Rain lashes furiously at their shores, autumn angrily heralding the oncoming winter, and he’s standing on the top of a cliff, soaked to the skin and motionless as the rocky outcrop he’s standing on. Darkness is closing in but his eyes are on the gray, turbulent seas, his attention on the vague awareness of his close and extended family spread across Nerine. Scorch is still there, and Blue; his twin sons from his last tryst with Galilee; Breckin; other daughters and sons and grandchildren who had followed him from Ischia. The bay stallion is rarely alone, the little green parrot that followed him from Ischia usually perched on his shoulder, but this weather will drive even the most loyal of companions to be elsewhere. But there’s something else – something in the water.

Curiosity piqued, Brennen leans out over the edge of the cliff and watches her emerge, watches the water she manipulates, and only really stirs when the water shield dissipates and the mare collapses against the cliff. He snaps his wings open and drops from the cliff, using them to guide his descent, landing far enough from her as to avoid being some sort of looming monster. She’s exhausted and at the end of her abilities , sick with the plague, but he’s fresh and as chivalrous as always. Listening to the undertone of the waves he creates his own rain-free zone around them, and with a critical eye towards her clearly less than ideal state, pulls some of the water away from her too, creating a pocket of dry between himself and the cliff, in which he eyes her uneasily.

“Are you alright?”

BUT I WILL HOLD AS LONG AS YOU LIKE
    JUST PROMISE ME WE'LL BE ALRIGHT
    Brennen

@[Adria]

Messages In This Thread
    What the water gave me [Brennen] - by Adria - 04-23-2019, 03:50 PM
    RE: What the water gave me [Brennen] - by Brennen - 04-25-2019, 10:35 PM
    RE: What the water gave me [Brennen] - by Adria - 05-02-2019, 10:46 AM