• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it's hard to stop what you can't see; anyone

— I'll break you a hundred different ways —

These last several months were the most he had ever spent in what he considered to be the open. His retreats to the solitude of the mountains and forests were becoming less and less frequent, but he could not deny that they still called to him. His wings itched with the need to fly, to carry him away from the cacophony of too many voices and the chaos that stirred beneath the guise of their small talk and faux friendships.

That constant flicker of a crimson face framed by ivory bone is what keeps him from disappearing, but that apprehension and ingrained wildness is what keeps him from staying.

Sochi was a suitable enough distraction, though, and he didn’t despise her the way he did so many others.

There is a flicker of what looks like amusement in his dark brown eyes, and accompanied by the slightest angling of his head. “Some things just can’t be avoided, I suppose.” He doesn’t think it will ever be something he is entirely at ease with. Even though there were two that had now seen him, there would always be something about his skeletal form that unsettled him. “Hopefully you’ve eaten recently.” The statement is followed by a brief upward tilt of his lips and a quirk of his brow; perhaps one of the most noticeable displays of emotion he has shown, even if it is just something being said in jest.

There is a moment’s hesitation before he falls into step alongside of her, deciding that coming here would have been pointless if he didn’t actually see the kingdom, and reasoning that if he had to have company, Sochi was likely far more tolerable than anyone else. “I’m surprised that you choose to stay anywhere.” He cast her a sideways glance as they walk, referring to her wild and predatory nature. Having met her in the dark parts of the forest that others rarely frequented, he still wondered what it was about Loess that drew her back. "Why here?"

— and I'll make you remember my face —

Nightlock

@[Sochi]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's hard to stop what you can't see; anyone - by Nightlock - 05-11-2019, 02:39 AM