• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it's hard to stop what you can't see; anyone
    Sochi

darling, you're wild-eyed, empty, and tongue-tied
    maybe you need me or maybe you don't

Sochi prides herself on remembering scents.

She may not remember names—she prioritizes a lot above trying to feed someone else’s sense of self importance—but there was plenty of need for her to remember scents. It was a way to keep a mental catalogue of who was friend, who was foe, and who was just a few steps away from a meal.

But the funny thing about running into a skeleton was it didn’t carry much of a scent.

Outside of marrow that is.

So she cannot place him for a second, even though there is a ring to his voice that reminds her of someone she had indeed met. For a second, she angles her head in thought, shifting into her equine form although still maintaining that faint look of puzzlement on her face. “Did I?” she responds, faintly amused.

It’s then that it clicks, in time with his amusing reminder, and her lips spread into the closest thing that she wears to a grin—her lips curving in the corners, silver eyes sparking. “Well, well, Nightlock, and here I was thinking that you didn’t let anyone see you in both forms.” Her teeth remain sharp behind her velvety lips, the edges of them poking out just barely. “You look certainly more…” her voice trails off, leaving whether in hunger or something else to the imagination,” appealing like this.”

She laughs lightly at his admission, rolling her shoulders. “It matters little to me whether you choose to stay or go.” It was good to have numbers for an army, but Sochi cared little for forcing anyone to stay within Loess outside of actual prisoners. “But you might as well check it out while you’re here.”

Taking a step back, she jerks her head in the only clue indicating she intends for him to follow.

“Loess is a fairly large kingdom. We have ground to cover.”

playing the slow rooms, howling at half moons
    if you are a Queen then, honey, I am a wolf

@[Nightlock]
    [Image: sochi.png]

I was less than graceful, I was not kind
    be out watching other lovers lose their spine

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's hard to stop what you can't see; anyone - by sochi - 04-30-2019, 12:50 AM