• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A snowdrop in the darkness....

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

The girl is nearly grown, of an age that a bold youngster might leave home or a less bold one might already have been claimed by some stallion to live within his herd. The perfect age to start a new life, and I can tell she is eager to do so, even though the circumstances might have been better.

I wait for her to wade into the stream and drink some myself, though I am less thirsty than the snowdrop-marked young mare. What she said, sounds promising. A peaceful land she says, a place of light and safety. That, I can provide - as soon as the other kingdom stops making a mess of my short life as a ruler.

”Then I believe you are in luck, or maybe I am. I hail from the Silver Cove, one of the lands safe from the illness in the lands, and the seat of the Sanctuary as we know it today. It originated from Hyaline which lies close by, which is still one of our Territories should you prefer mountains over the seaside. Our other Territory is Pangea, but it might be less light than what you seek. I’d been thinking to house our Sentries there for training, but there’s some unrest currently that had to be resolved first. We’d be happy to have you regardless of what you want to do, even if it means just living with us in the Cove peacefully and secluded.”

“Then of course, if you’d rather find someplace hot, I will help you find my friend Magnus, of Tephra further in the west.”
    I sort through the other options in my head - but the Pampas are subject to Loess, and the Taiga is too empty (and foggy) to consider. Perhaps Nerine or the Isle; but I haven’t spoken to them for years now. I’d have to reinstate our bonds soon - if anything, I want to leave a Sanctuary to Clay and Dawn that is whole and has allies, instead of the currently cracked one. A good start; and Niphredil can be one of those who can help heal it, I am sure. I think she’ll make a good asset as Speaker or Sentry, and be whatever she chooses to be.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-09-2019, 10:55 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-09-2019, 11:09 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-09-2019, 11:28 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-09-2019, 11:39 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-09-2019, 02:40 PM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-10-2019, 10:04 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-10-2019, 12:58 PM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-11-2019, 01:44 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-11-2019, 02:17 PM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-14-2019, 11:57 AM