• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A snowdrop in the darkness....
    With openness, the dark filly feels comforted by the winged mare. She sees a sparrow in flight nearby, and looks to Ilma's wings. Magic. I wonder if there is any magic in store for me. She looks down at her dirtied feet again. What if what I left behind was a bad kind of darkness. Beqanna seems to offer much, but at least for now perhaps I should seek sanctuary and normalcy. For now. She looks at the sparrow again, Ilma's glowing wings, and then closes her eyes. She imagines herself in flight with her very own set of dark wings, midnight-black like the a crow to match the rest of her. 

Niphredil is in a place between being a child, a foal and a mare. And her she stands in another inbetween-ness, and unknown past and a wide-open future. Though Ilma is a stranger to her, she feels connected in a way. She bows her head and thanks the mare.

"Beqanna seems a good a place as any, and I am so intrigued by this magic. I do not wish to impose, but I believe I seek a place of light and safety. I do not know what I left behind, but I do not think I want to go back there." She looks again to Ilma's wing, illuminated by what light is cast from the skies above. Their brightness rivals that of the heavens. "If you are from a place, or know of somewhere where I might find such sanctuary, I would like to know of it."

The sparrow flies off into the clouds. Niphredil watches. Her past seems to follow it, but it is uncertain if memories of what was will return to her knowing. However, Niphredil wills such memories to fade as what lies for her in Beqanna entices and excites her. I hope I find magic here. She joins the mystical mare at the banks of the water, wading in just near the edge so that the soil from what was left behind may wash away. She drinks, as her thirst is strong from whatever journey she came from.

Messages In This Thread
    A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-09-2019, 10:55 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-09-2019, 11:09 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-09-2019, 11:28 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-09-2019, 11:39 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-09-2019, 02:40 PM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-10-2019, 10:04 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-10-2019, 12:58 PM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-11-2019, 01:44 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-11-2019, 02:17 PM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-14-2019, 11:57 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-14-2019, 06:41 PM