• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A snowdrop in the darkness....

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

Men often forget, but don’t forgive. Truth be told I don’t know if that wouldn’t just be easier?

The filly before me seems embarrassed by her appearance, at least in comparison. However, my dream-like looks are not something I can turn off, and though I can carefully tuck away my wings, and try to dim them, let them disappear like that one time in my desperate need to find a way out of an ice cave, I find it easier to just let them be. For the girl though, I can try - actively seeking to let go of the light, the wings fade at least a little. Darn - I had been sure I could do it, but it seems the magic is fickle.

The girl - at my age I can call her that - states she thinks she is okay, but that she doesn’t remember how she got here. I nod. ”You’re not the first with that experience and probably not the last.” I tell her truthfully. ”I guess what matters is how you go on from here on out. What you do with this new opportunity. Beqanna is a good home, I’ve found. I’ve had some changes, such as this look,” I nod to my legs she has been staring at previously, ”But that doesn’t change who I was, or who I should become.” I smile once more. ”Why don’t we walk to a creek to wash and drink, and I can tell you a bit about this place? Or about my home, if you like. And you can decide who you want to be?”

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Niphredil]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-09-2019, 10:55 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-09-2019, 11:09 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-09-2019, 11:28 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-09-2019, 11:39 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-09-2019, 02:40 PM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-10-2019, 10:04 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-10-2019, 12:58 PM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-11-2019, 01:44 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-11-2019, 02:17 PM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-14-2019, 11:57 AM