• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

chew it up and swallow it, any
    " every scar will build my throne. "

He remembers this face, somewhere in the haze of his wanderings after he’d climbed down from the mountain with no idea as to who he was or where he should be. He tilts his head slightly as the other spits out an insult without so much as a greeting. Intriguing. The serpent had previously assumed they were friends of some degree before but he supposes he’s done something to upset the stranger. But then he issues a challenge and Vulgaris briefly pauses as he weighs his options. What consequences could deter him from continuing on his path, if any? He’s learned that nothing of this world can end his miserable existence. No one can grant his wish and no one may.

So he takes the first defiant step and then another. Closer, closer, closer. Until they are near enough that Wolfbane could reach out and seize him in his teeth. Or perhaps Vulgaris could do the same. There is something dark, something feral and slithering behind those green eyes as he waits patiently for some punishment for his disobedience.

You’ve no crown to command me. No army to raze me,” he says quietly, just loud enough so no one else may hear. “Start over. Tell me your name and who I am.

The terrible thing slinks back then as he shifts his weight, both ears pointed forward to hear whatever the former king may say. He knows his name but his family only wept when he dug for answers. Why did they permit him to sit on any throne and why did everything seem to fall apart all around him? Had it always been this way? Perhaps this was some fresh new phase of a curse dealt to him by a cruel god. All these questions come erupting from his mind but he remains focused on only the most basic ones for now.

Tell me my story, and if Castile wishes me banished then I’ll never darken your doorway again. You have my word.

He worries if the old Vulgaris kept promises but he has nothing else to offer up for assurance. They could take his head, if they liked, but he knows another would spring up in its place. Maybe it would be cathartic for them all the same.

VulgariS
    @[Wolfbane] @[Castile]
    even though he's a mess he still wants to be bane's friend Sad((
    I tagged castile in case aeris wants in on this

Messages In This Thread
    chew it up and swallow it, any - by vulgaris - 03-27-2019, 10:34 PM
    RE: chew it up and swallow it, any - by Wolfbane - 03-28-2019, 02:16 PM
    RE: chew it up and swallow it, any - by vulgaris - 03-29-2019, 02:28 PM
    RE: chew it up and swallow it, any - by Castile - 04-02-2019, 10:52 AM
    RE: chew it up and swallow it, any - by Wolfbane - 04-08-2019, 12:19 PM
    RE: chew it up and swallow it, any - by vulgaris - 04-09-2019, 11:51 PM
    RE: chew it up and swallow it, any - by Castile - 04-19-2019, 01:30 PM