• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Suddenly confused, I shifted sides [ANY]
    it's raining fire and i'm burning you down to the ground
    Observation was one of Amenhotep's best attributes. In mere minutes the brightly colored stallion had taken a record of the body count that stood in the field. Following that, he noted every possible escape route both closest and furthest from where he stood. So when she entered the field, a vibrant yellow eye found the mare almost instantly and for a moment his breath catches in his throat. Was it coincidence that she had made her way into the field only moments after he?

I guess the real question is, did he even believe in coincidences?

If you were to ask him now, he'd probably say no. Coincidences were a part of superstition and he wasn't necessarily the type to follow in the oldschool beliefs or values. Though you never know. Maybe a new home; a new world that is, could change him. Or, maybe it wouldn't.

His eye follows the blue and gold mare as she makes her way eagerly towards him and for a moment he forgets to breathe. His muscles tense and as the seconds pass he suddenly becomes very aware of how he is standing there like some sort of silly statue. But it isn't this awareness that breaks him from it. Instead it's her greeting when she's finally close and in response he snorts softly as he exhales quickly. "Hello Chryseis," his voice is painted with slight surprise as his heart beats heavy against his ribcage. 

He certainly had not been expecting such a greeting. 

Amenhotep had come from a place where everyone approached another with some sort of caution and a bite on the tongue. He had been raised to believe that nothing and nobody, even your closest friends or lovers, were to be one hundred percent trusted. So for a moment his teeth pressed together tightly as he clenched his jaw; though moments after he felt himself relax slightly. This wasn't home and he had to remember that treating it as such would do him no good. 

"I'm Amenhotep, but you can call me Amen," he tries to smile but the curve of his lips feels awkward and his bodily shifts uneasily. He'd never been the greatest conversationalist. "I was just passing through... But then I realized it was kind of nice here and I decided to stay I guess." He is talking fast now as he responds to her next question without realization. He feels strange - his body is hot and he knows he's failing miserably (in his own opinion) at communicating.

"Is it usually this quiet?," he hates silence. It causes a deeply rooted anxiety to begin to bubble towards the surface. Turning his attention away from the mare temporarily he allows his gaze to scan back across the field slowly. "Did something happen here?" Usually whatever sneaks in through the silence is never anything good.

AMENHOTEP

@[Chryseis]
    ooc: i have no idea what is happening here. :| pls send assistance as i figure this boy out.

Messages In This Thread
    Suddenly confused, I shifted sides [ANY] - by amenhotep - 03-24-2019, 11:30 AM
    RE: Suddenly confused, I shifted sides [ANY] - by amenhotep - 03-26-2019, 12:21 PM