• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Suddenly confused, I shifted sides [ANY]
    it's raining fire and i'm burning you down to the ground
    "If you head down that path," a small fuzzy golden mares voice danced through the silent air, "you will end up where you need to be." A brilliantly colored orange and black stallion towered over the tiny mare and with a tight jaw he glanced towards the well worn path. "You are certain?" his voice is low and rough as he questions her validity. "You aren't just leading me towards my death?" The mare's voice tinkles gently across the empty space between them as she laughs. "Why would I lie? I have no reason to want you dead. I don't even know you."

Grinding his teeth he watches the stranger momentarily before rolling his shoulders in a gentle shrug. "You can never be too careful." With a slight turn to the left the stallion stepped onto the path and for a moment he allowed his strong legs to carry him forward before coming to a stop and looking back at the golden mare. "Thanks... I guess." With a soft giggle that was way too sweet for the world at hand, the mare nodded before trotting off in the opposite direction. 

"Strange," Amenhotep muttered. He was not used to such a kind and happy personality. Stepping forward he began to trot, his long legs carrying him effortlessly down the path. While many would maybe wonder how many had traveled here before him, he did not. Instead as he traveled he wondered how many had chosen not to. How many had strayed from the norm and not done what the world expected. How many had never actually touched this place. 

Was he making the right choice? 

Lost in his thoughts, the orange and black stallion made his way into the field just as the wind began to pick up and carry the gentlest of cool spring breezes across the dark green grasses. With each gust the blades of grass would twist and turn, brushing gently against whatever they were able to reach. "Why am I here?," he muttered as he slowed to a walk. His large yellow eyes scanned the surrounding territory and for a moment he truly is lost. "This doesn't feel right," he whispers quietly. The air felt strange and though it took a while to realize, it was suddenly very clear to him how quiet the land surrounding him was. 

There was a lack of life in a place that should be bustling in activity and the silence that sat over the surrounding fields was almost palpable. Coming to a stop, the stallion snorted softly before taking a deep breath.

What did he just walk into? 

AMENHOTEP

Messages In This Thread
    Suddenly confused, I shifted sides [ANY] - by amenhotep - 03-24-2019, 11:30 AM
    RE: Suddenly confused, I shifted sides [ANY] - by amenhotep - 03-26-2019, 12:21 PM