• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What Is A Man With No Honor ||Any||

cold in the violence after the war
    hope is a fire to keep us warm

He turns immediately at the sound of his name, appearing confused by her familiar greeting. She could not fault him, of course. She has changed so much. She might worry he would reject her, in all her new ghastly, gory splendor, except for her infallible belief in his inherent good nature. She might not have her mother’s abilities, but she likes to believe she is a relatively accurate judge of character.

And Corban had always been one of the good ones. She had been glad to call him friend, and glad now to see his familiar face gracing the windswept cliffs of her home.

She smiles as recognition settles, her features brightening behind the sharp edges of bone masking her feminine features. Were it not for the bone spearing wildly through her skin, she might have been a lovely enough creature. She has more substance than her mother and more refined edges than her father. A complimentary blend.

But she had learned all too recently that for most, blood and broken skin does not seem to settle well. Truthfully, growing as she had with her father, it had never occurred to her it might be unusual. But the world they live in is a harsh one, and youthful naivete can rarely be retained for long.

But Corban does not recoil from her, and that is more than enough for the red and white girl. Perhaps less fortunately for her green and white companion, she remains entirely oblivious to his sudden recognition that she had grown into a young woman beneath the cage of bone. Had she known, she might have been intrigued by the notion. As it is, she merely greets him with the comfortable familiarity of an old friend, her nose stretching to lightly touch his shoulder in return.

Her skin shivers lightly beneath his concerned touch, the consternation that crosses her features quickly hidden as she lifts her head to peer at him. “It’s not so bad,” she replies dismissively. She wouldn’t lie, but neither did she wish him to worry. After all, it’s not as though there is a great deal she could do to fix it. “Nerine though!” she continues blithely, changing the subject. “I can’t believe you’re here!” Pause. “Why are you here?” Then, a faint note of delight colors her voice. “Are you staying?”

Brazen

@[Corban] I am the absolute worst but I hope you don't mind me resurrecting this thread <3

Messages In This Thread
    What Is A Man With No Honor ||Any|| - by Corban - 03-15-2019, 08:07 AM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor ||Any|| - by Brazen - 06-25-2019, 02:05 PM