• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

.:Bloodfeather:. (Rae)

Company was not a thing Rae entirely understood, though she’s finds it a pleasant thing when it does occur. Most don’t stop to chat or play when they see her flying by. No one seems to take much pleasure in flight, but see it only as a means from one place to another that happens to be faster than walking. Wolfbane, then, is a pleasant surprise, and one she finds herself glad to have been given. Even if she cannot help the rather sassy responses that slip from her mouth. Where she’s learned such things is beyond her, but then again, where she’d learned manners in generally is beyond her as well. Rae is wild in the way the wind is wild, but she has watched and participated in the world just enough to be somewhat civilized.

He settles on the cloud only a bit hesitantly, and she can’t help but chuckle slightly as he gets used to sitting on a cloud. It is a strange thing to do, and she doesn’t blame him for hesitating or simply not trusting her fully (after all, why should he), but mostly, she just enjoys watching what she assumes is his first experience cloud surfing. “I’m glad you could as well,” she replies, clearly teasing from the mischief glimmering in her eyes, though she manages to keep her voice rather serious.

He answers her question honestly enough, rattling off names that mean little to her, but she has a vague idea of what each is. Two lands, of course, and she vaguely knows their borders. She knows nothing more than that though – not who rules them, not which is a kingdom and which a territory (truly, she barely understands the difference), not what they stand for. She does not miss the way he emphasizes “my home” though, and she simply grins at him in return.

His voice seems to grow a bit softer though, nostalgic perhaps, as he admits that this place called Loess houses his world. She can understand this sentiment, but the smallness of it baffles her and intrigues her. “What is it like to live in a herd, in one place, like that?” she asks, not judging, but genuinely curious. Her twin had set down his own roots and yet Rae…she longed to know and yet couldn’t quite bring herself to actually do so. She feared it would prove to be a cage.

The topic switches to her, and she laughs as he calls her a sky goddess. “I am no goddess. I’m not entirely sure they exist, anyway. From all I’ve seen, they are simply powerful immortals that managed to position their existence in just the right way. They are little more than tyrants, usually, parading as benevolent.” This was not the question he asked though, and so she halts her judgement of the thing notion of goddesses. It wasn’t as if she minded being called one, but still, she was not that powerful.

“I was born here just as the lands changed, just as magic was stripped away from Beqanna. I suppose timing in the womb was just slightly off, and my twin and I did not lose our powers here until we were born. Our mother, however, was not so lucky. He controls electric and I control the sky. Without her own power over electricity, she could not survive two unborn children that together, were a storm. I was born on the beach, to death and destruction. I did not stay here long, but took the sky as soon as I could and left this place behind. I’m not sure what brings me back now.”

The truth hangs there for a moment before the wind whips it away. It is the honest truth though. What is she seeking here? Why has she returned? She doesn’t know. She doesn’t expect her family to be here. She knows Kry, certainly, is elsewhere. If she were to set down roots, would it not be with him instead? Yet here she is, playing sky goddess above Beqanna.

RAE
    my soul is in the sky

@[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Wolfbane - 03-07-2019, 05:20 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Rae - 03-11-2019, 09:39 AM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Wolfbane - 03-15-2019, 09:50 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Rae - 03-27-2019, 09:24 AM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Wolfbane - 04-09-2019, 10:05 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Rae - 05-02-2019, 03:34 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Wolfbane - 05-05-2019, 08:50 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Rae - 05-22-2019, 03:26 PM