• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

.:Bloodfeather:. (Rae)

In his mind it seems easier to approach some females the way he approaches Rae. He’d found her up here after all, not down in the common areas waiting around for company. How often must she receive visitors or go looking for guests, living her life among the stars, sun, and moon all this time? Some prefer to pursue; others must be pursued. He’s familiar with varying elemental types: Nereids and Kelpies, horses that play with fire and horses that play in the earth. Compared to most Wolfbane is almost normal, but Rae… he hasn’t met one like her.

Her mood towards him thus far has been accepting. She nods and confirms that the cloud would hold them so Bane straightens his legs and breathlessly tugs his wings close to his sides, unsteady for a moment or two as he gazes around at the world slowly passing underneath. It seems like one living, breathing tapestry. “Hmph,” he chuckles shortly, raising his chin to catch the distinct look of amusement on her face, “I’m glad I could entertain you for a bit, Rae.”

A more prideful creature might take offense, but Wolfbane knows the truth when he sees it these days. There wasn’t any shame in acknowledging her obvious superiority up here. Instead he holds onto a soft grin and settles back onto his haunches, flicking both ears forward to hear her question above the sigh of the wind. “Let’s see… ” He thinks briefly, “I was born in Tephra eight years ago,” (a realization that surprises him, widening his olive eyes) “and not long after that I moved to Loess. That’s my home.” Bane tells her with a flashing smile, hoping she’ll catch the distinction.

Nearly seven years in Loess, he considers to himself. Images of his early days flash sharply to the forefront of his mind - meeting Lepis, ascending the throne, watching Pteron be born and then followed by four siblings… What good years they’ve been.

“My whole world is in those hills.” The striped male admits tenderly, his smile faltering into a bittersweet expression. “What about you?” He changes the subject in a flash, “What are the origins of a sky goddess?”

Refugee of Loess : Member of the Southlands

Wolfbane

@[Rae]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Wolfbane - 03-07-2019, 05:20 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Rae - 03-11-2019, 09:39 AM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Wolfbane - 03-15-2019, 09:50 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Rae - 03-27-2019, 09:24 AM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Wolfbane - 04-09-2019, 10:05 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Rae - 05-02-2019, 03:34 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Wolfbane - 05-05-2019, 08:50 PM