• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

.:Bloodfeather:. (Rae)

She has never particularly cared much about the attention of boys. The behavior is expected and besides, she has yet to meet one that she can’t beat in a fight anyway. There are few more powerful than her, and should she find one, she’ll simply out run him or leave him stuck on the ground. The stallion in the sky with her hardly seems like a scoundrel though, and so she doesn’t mind the playful teasing. It’s refreshing, sometimes, to feel almost normal. Almost.

Rae simply is not normal though, doesn’t know how to be normal. Normal at least in the sense of the way other horses live, as part of a herd, with their feet on the ground rather than settled on a cloud more often than not. She is too much made of the sky to be like them, and yet, sometimes she wonders if she could learn, if learning would even be worth it. What is life like? Yes, life. Life with others, life with friends and love and conversation. The truth is, she cannot quite fathom it.

He comes to join her easily, even his descent an impressive display. Now she does solidify the cloud, turning it into something akin to a tube floating down an ocean. “It's safe, she says, nodding to the cloud beneath her. Her wings are tucked casually against her side, as if this is normal, and for her, it is. More often than not she slept on clouds, letting them carry her where they willed. The wind took her where it wanted, and she found treasures and secrets simply by letting it carry her along. What she never found was connection though. You cannot connect to the things that you intend to leave.

A smile curves her lips at the compliment, though there’s something mischievous in it. “It is a better compliment when I tell you the same is true for you. It is rare I meet anyone capable of keeping up with me except for hawks and eagles.” Both types of birds were always up for a good flight, though she found they tended to be competitive and their smaller size made it far easier for them to maneuver. Unfair. “Rae,” she offers. “So tell me Wolfbane, have you lived here long?”

RAE
    my soul is in the sky

@[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Wolfbane - 03-07-2019, 05:20 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Rae - 03-11-2019, 09:39 AM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Wolfbane - 03-15-2019, 09:50 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Rae - 03-27-2019, 09:24 AM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Wolfbane - 04-09-2019, 10:05 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Rae - 05-02-2019, 03:34 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Wolfbane - 05-05-2019, 08:50 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Rae) - by Rae - 05-22-2019, 03:26 PM