• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this my blood, this my bone; castile / any
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Castile is unyielding, as is Brigade, as their eyes lock and hold onto one another. Their contrasting reasons feud in a long moment of scrutiny as the distance between them closes with a final few steps. Brigade, as he eventually offers, immediately dives into his purpose for having arrived to the Loessian gate. Rumors have spread far and wide of the healers being harbored like slaves. While there haven’t been quite as many stragglers as he anticipated, Castile cannot deny the exuberance that electrifies him when he considers the predicament with a critical eye.

He expects a mother or father to be victimized by the plague, but instead Brigade suggests a wolf. The request hangs in the air, rendering Castile momentarily speechless as his brows stitch and furrow. Admittedly, he almost questions it and asks for a repeat, but his mind is already relaying it over and over again. ”A wolf?” Skepticism pours itself across his two words, saturating them in uncertainty as he tries to fathom a relationship with a canine. ”What worth do you place on this wolf’s life?” The question is enough confirmation that Loess, does indeed, possess healers. He isn’t so quick as to offer aid, playing with the idea first and weighing his options despite the urgency that underlies Brigade’s request. An injury would need help immediately, but there’s no fun in acquiescing so easily and quickly.

”Better yet,” he rephrases, ”What are you willing to do for your wolf’s life?” The beast isn’t his, but the relationship must be there if it spurred him here. He doesn’t have much to offer, he admits, but Castile questions the validity. How meaningful is a life to Brigade? A step inches him closer, but barely. His curiosity keeps him in company even as his gaze finally dances away and soars across the surrounding landscape. His mind reels, but he doesn’t yet land on a solitary idea. Castile bides his time, combatting Brigade’s urgency with nonchalance. ”You guessed one thing right. I won’t give you a healer for free.”

And then he flashes a jagged smile, his mismatched eye alight with a fire in his soul.

castile

@[brigade]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this my blood, this my bone; castile / any - by Castile - 03-04-2019, 09:35 PM