• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Do you feel alive | any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    The young are sometimes more easily caught off-guard than they like. At her age, Leilan hadn't done a single thing that even remotely looked diplomatic, so he hadn't exactly tried. Now, he sees through most of it, sees that she is surprised he mentions the grey, and then is desperately curious to find out about their connection. He almost laughs when she does, and nods to her burning question. It must have been hidden for such a long time. "You could have, you know, visited and asked?" he teases, not yet entirely answering. First, he listens to her. She seems upset by her father, concludes that she didn't love him or had at least denied this after his death. Hmm, not exactly helpful in his case. Unless she did indeed still love him and it was all a ruse - in which case, suddenly it was very applicable to Chryseis, and he should maybe visit her some day. Some day when they were both ready and calmed down, but he suspected she might still be angry if he walked up to her.

But Mary's almost seething words at not being handed the crown, spark the stallion's interest more. "Did it ever occur to you that he wanted you to show your strength and earn this leadership? Nobody likes a ruler who can just walk in and sit down, a crown being handed over really isn't worth that much." The roan tilts his head, then gives her a pointy-toothed grin. "I guess that I finally won that argument." Oh, how he remembers the first time they met; him telling the grey that ruling sucks and his crown wasn't worth much at all since it had been handed to him by an ignorant child. How furious he had been, trying to be diplomatic. But it was true and, perhaps he'd come to understand it after all. Or maybe he just didn't like Mary, as much as she seemed to dislike her sire. But it seemed clear to the silver roan that it had indeed had a higher purpose. And look how she'd thrived, hmm?

Eyeing her a while, letting it sink in, the scaled stallion then shrugs. "We never really got along, but fate had us bump into one another too frequently to ignore each other completely, so we made do." That's about as short and to the point as he could explain it, but she, like Arthas, is the no-nonsense type. If this isn't enough explanation, nothing will ever be.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Mary]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Do you feel alive | any - by Leilan - 02-12-2019, 11:56 AM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Mary - 02-12-2019, 07:27 PM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Leilan - 02-19-2019, 11:28 AM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Mary - 03-05-2019, 10:04 PM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Leilan - 03-09-2019, 07:20 AM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Mary - 03-13-2019, 08:20 AM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Leilan - 03-16-2019, 10:55 AM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Mary - 03-16-2019, 10:05 PM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Leilan - 03-23-2019, 09:11 AM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Mary - 04-02-2019, 08:26 AM