• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and now the storm is coming in --
    @[Warlight] I wanted to get some kinda response up for you!
    This is half continued from the Yidhra post below, and half 'now'. I just wanted a new thread so any Pangean's know to read it.

no matter what they say, I am still the king

There is shame in letting something die. Not in killing (no, killing can be a sacred thing) - but in the regret of death. In the sinking, in the knowledge that you had failed in cultivating life. How easy it is (easier than you realize) to not notice diminishing breath, a lack of light in the eyes, that ever fading pulse of blood. Things die, this we all know - but when it is at your hands, at your care (not mercy) - it is a much different thing. Yes, we have all been there.

Time passes - a fading bruise, a long set sun, the etch of days as they trickle into history. And you do not answer - there is no clickclack of a call to your people, there is no response. The antler-born babe emerges, her voice cracking across the land. But she does not live here, she is a visitor. No, Warlight, this is not your home. You bade history here, with the touching of blood and the contract you signed with that sickness bubbling inside you. But still you came to the call of the cephalopod- as curiosity is wont to do, you came to see (and no doubt - to relay).
    Yidhra spoke nothing - no murmur, no answer -- nothing. A gap where revolt should be.
    “This,” a pause, answering you, as the briny creature could not, “ is the new Archon of Pangea.”
    And so it would be - the slumbering silence of Pangea would be roused.

---
    Still, the silence stretched. Weeks passed, the Archon laying dormant under the sea. No word, no call, no caterwauling -- just quiet. The land creaks like the sun-barren bones of the dead on the shore. There is nothing -- there is no one -- there is only death (of the land, of the inhabitants, of the world around you).
    There is no fanfare - there is no marring fight. It simply, is.
    “To any who may still be lurking in Pangea -I am Eight. I am the Archon now.”

(now, the storm is coming in)

Messages In This Thread
    and now the storm is coming in -- - by Eight - 02-08-2019, 11:12 AM
    RE: and now the storm is coming in -- - by cosmos - 02-08-2019, 09:02 PM
    RE: and now the storm is coming in -- - by Eight - 02-11-2019, 08:11 AM
    RE: and now the storm is coming in -- - by cosmos - 02-13-2019, 09:11 PM