• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I make the Devil go weak in the knees [Amet]

Our skin gets thicker, living out in the snow

CREVAN

He wanted to wolf-shift the second Jah opened her mouth. It felt like he was shaking to release the primal side and only the tense, overbearing gaze of Amet stopped him. Why did she think that dredging up old names or calling him ‘son’ would make him happy? This wasn’t like before where she could order him and his brother around, because Circinae had somewhere to go, something to do and that meant aunt Jah was in charge. Hadn’t she looked around their plagued world? Hadn’t they both been down to the beach, where even the shoreline had shifted and changed after so long?

Circinae was dead. Nothing was ever going to be the same.

He watched her with similarly open, disbelieving eyes and saw how she formed the word with a scoff: Me?
    As if it were an impossible thing. He frowned, the action lost to the darkness surrounding them all. There wasn’t any use in being angry over the delusional. He’d heard the way she referred to Amet as Dragon-King, and considered that a less-than-subtle hint. Apparently politics only interested Jah-Lilah when a partner was involved, or didn’t he remember?

As his mother’s familial name slides off the red gyps tongue, Crevan’s eyes stray past the mare and watch Amet for a moment. The scaled horse looked… tense. When Crevan focused he could clearly see the tight line of his golden jaw, where the stallion had been clenching his teeth. He realized a slender thread of his power was breaking through, giving him acute vision. Suddenly the dark didn’t seem so dark anymore.

I love you, Jah said, and Crevan shifted his gaze back. He blinked and listened for something that might make sense or even matter, but when the dark bay wytch paused he could only shake his head. He knew that she wanted him to stretch out and greet her nose to nose, like they always had, but instead he followed Amet and slid his legs back. He wanted to be far, far away from her comfort. “You don’t get it.” He grumbled. “She let go of you and my dad a long time ago. You two were immortal and she wasn’t, so we left to get away from you.”

Except that same curse afflicted Crevan, too. Apparently it was attached to all present, since they seemed equally healthy and unafflicted by a black flux ravaging Beqanna. “I don’t love you anymore and I don’t feel sorry you fell for Canaan’s tricks. I don’t love, period.” He spelled it out for her plainly. Not when it meant losing someone like Circinae, or even worse someone like Merida. He was sick and tired of loving. “I came to tell you to stay away because that’s what she would’ve wanted.”

“Yea I’m pissed at you. Not at you -” He turned briefly to Amet, “- not really. Now I want you to let her go.” Crevan finished with Jah-Lilah.

He gulped and steadied his feet, feeling a sweat begin to break out across his skin. Inside himself he could feel a tugging sensation, like something struggling against invisible binds so he exhaled and let it free, ripping his pelt and shifting to wolf in one painful, sweeping motion. His groan became a throaty snarl when he turned, panting, to view the other two horses again. “Don’t worry about me.” He clacked through a mouthful of sharp teeth, his shaggy body rising and falling with each deep breath,“I know where you both live now. We’ll see each other again.”

@[Amet] @[Jah-Lilah] Doesn't have to be an end! He'll stick around to hear if they have anything to say <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I make the Devil go weak in the knees [Amet] - by Crevan - 03-30-2019, 03:29 PM