• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I threw stones at the stars but the whole sky fell, Jason

She leaves the Dale immediately after the meeting concludes. The panic that had been building throughout it grows increasingly stronger with every step outside the kingdom, setting her on edge until she begins to run. She has no real destination in mind, no real purpose. She only knows that every ground-eating stride feels good; for once in her life, it feels right to leave the mountain-lands.

The plains spread out the further she retreats from the Dale. It’s beautiful in a different kind of way, but she can’t imagine living without the comfort of the trees. She can’t imagine a life without the purple-blue mountains as a constant backdrop. The late summer sun is blazing in the open sky. It heats her metal skin rapidly, and if anyone happens to touch the glinting galloper, they will be in for a scorching surprise. Talulah realizes she is heading northwest, unconsciously taking her usual path to the Field. As much as she knows that’s where she should go – should help her son raise the status of their home – it’s not the destination she has in mind today. Not that there is a destination, per se, but if there had been, the recruiting grounds would certainly not be it.

Her run is punishing but effective. By the time she comes to the Field, her limbs shake with spent energy but her mind is mostly clear. She stops and breathes and looks towards the homeless horses, her eyes glinting in the shadows of the treeline. I should stop here, she tells herself, I should convince someone to go with me and go home and quit with this nonsense. But even as she begins to scrutinize her choices, to search for potential amongst the lot, her heart quickens. The same fear rises within her, gives new life to her legs, and she decides to continue on.

Talulah has never been this far past the Field. Gentle hills begin to rise up before her so that she is forced to take a more leisurely pace to wherever she’s going. Still, her worry leaves her breathless by the time another kingdom opens before her. At first, the grey mare doesn’t know where she is. She forgets where, exactly, each kingdom is placed in relation to another. The lush, rolling rises and endless forests around finally becomes enough of a hint. The Gates. She walks in, for the first time forgetting her manners. She doesn’t go far, however, before she realizes her mistake. But also for the first time, she finds she doesn’t care. Let the angry masses descend. It’s completely unlike her, and wholly, truly thrilling. Leaning against a young willow tree, Talulah waits, her mind and heart unable to stop running even if she has.

t a l u l a h
    lady of the Dale

reference //info

Messages In This Thread
    I threw stones at the stars but the whole sky fell, Jason - by Talulah - 07-15-2015, 02:19 PM