• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I don't take back what I say; LAURA pony
    but, oh, I got an iron in that fire

She is more beautiful when she is this color he decides, when her body burns into soot and ash and when the color of flames just barely licks at the edges of her. It satisfies some predatory part of him and he nods a little. “You look better like that,” he says aloud, studying the darkness of her, the complimentary tones.

It is enough to appease him that he cools his skin even more, the temperature of it still warmer than the average colt, but not enough to actually cause her any harm. It is a kindness, in his own way; perhaps a reward for turning a color so appeasing to him, perhaps just his way of not driving her away just yet.

Regardless, he doesn’t shy away when she reaches out for him, although he watches with a careful eye.

“I live in the Taiga,” he says, speaking in the typical way of the forest dwellers. He has never quite understood why they feel the need to add “the” before the land’s name, but it feels adult, and he decides that he likes it. Even if he is not sure that he likes the land itself. “Why do you live in Hyaline?” he asks, his voice a touch harsh again as he studies her. “Wouldn’t you prefer to live with me?”

It isn’t a trap necessarily, but neither it is it completely an innocent question.

“You said you weren’t leaving, but if you live there, then you’ll leave eventually.”

He bristles against the thought of it and flames begin slowly around his legs in response to it.

@[Astarielle]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don't take back what I say; LAURA pony - by cleave - 03-09-2019, 11:36 PM