• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  Risk it all, 'cause I'll catch you if you fall - Council Meeting
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    It doesn’t take them long - over an empty, relatively cold area such as this, his voice doesn’t have to be loud to carry far. Jesper speaks up first, and as always with calm and sense. Most of it is something he agrees with, the other is something he can understand. Ardashir is much the same; though emphasizing expecting mares which earns the snow-coloured giant a small smile. Perhaps a knowing one as well as a genuine one.

The scaled roan turns to the algae-coloured mare, yet she doesn’t want to stir the pot, it seems, which leaves Leilan to evaluate what has been said. ”I agree that talking to the leading Kingdoms is the most practical, unless we find out that one or both the other lands in their area aren’t so much being controlled by their mother kingdom, as it were. For example Taiga has little enough to do with Nerine that one might pay them a small informing visit as well.” He looks to see and hear their reactions to that, first.

”I’ve called us together in a meeting because I’d like to make sure we’re all heading in the same direction before we talk to the other residents - we should get word out what we are.” But what that is and how many they will accept, what exactly the message must be, is why they’re here. ”Most of all I would like to prevent us from becoming hermits. I know the land doesn’t provide much, but the cold and the tough grass, also makes us a strong people. I’ve agreed with Breckin that we’re to be an extension of Nerine, which besides coming to their aid, in turn allows us to cross borders freely - including to find warmth and pastures should the need arise.” He shakes his crest a moment, trying to rearrange his thoughts and mane sinultaneously before continuing. ”I haven’t spoken to Heartfire yet but I don’t expect her to change this. So while we should not try to be the largest group in the world, I wouldn’t mind a bit of recruiting, in that sense. We can surely be a bit more selective in who we allow in to live permanently and who we encourage to move on after a time. After all, Icicle Isle is not the same kind of haven as the other safe lands and this would not be expected of us either. We may not be dark or evil in any sense, but being seen as soft is the other extreme. Both the Brotherhood and Sisterhood had a reputation of being a hardy, though not unfriendly people, and I’d like to maintain some of that if we can.” The last thing he wants is to be seen as an unimportant, cowering people hiding away from the world, behind their mother kingdom. ”We may need a stronger name for our lot, if you so please.” Not that they have a name really; Icicle is the only one that stuck, but that had been partly a joke that only Hyaline would understand.

”I personally prefer to stay out of political relations, and let us be tied to Nerine in that sense. Neutral to those we don’t know, friendly with the allies of our mother kingdom. Unless, of course, you’d rather actively seek some form of alliance with some?” It’s not something he would be opposed to, but to him it sort of went past the idea of being a territory instead of a kingdom.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

Hookay well here’s some ideas
    -for newcomers, a year on the island before being considered residents instead of visitors? That way they will have to learn about (and live through) winter season, first, before making the decision. I can make a ‘Visitors/Trainees/Novices’ section on the rank board for those. Simply put the idea is that if someone joins and then never posts on here they aren’t considered permanent residents and are expected to find food elsewhere; but I also don’t want there to be anything really harsher since I think the cold is problematic enough ^.^ unless you guys don’t agree ofc?
    -with maybe an exception if there is a good reason for such I suppose
    -who wants to be a Viking? Yes? No? Other name ideas are also welcome <3
    -some herdlands/territories (Sylva, Ischia, IR, Taiga) aren’t as dependent on the leading kingdom as this one, so I think they deserve a separate diplomatic visit but for example the East as it is right now could be informed in one go Smile
    @[Jesper] @[Ardashir] @[Camomila]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Risk it all, 'cause I'll catch you if you fall - Council Meeting - by Leilan - 02-12-2019, 12:35 PM