• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  don't get cut on my edges • kagerus

kagerus
    and in my dreams, i kissed your lips a thousand times
    The stallion's countenance reflects something akin to geniality as I alight next to him, the friendly expression one which I ought to be used to considering my position as the head of a sanctuary, but which still mildly unsettles me. I know when I think logically that this subtle distrust comes from a place of bitterness and sadness, but for a moment, I give into my emotional side and allow myself to wallow in vindication. Amet doesn't deserve what I may soon bestow upon him, he has not been around for the last seven years to actually do the work of making his empire flourish; Solace shouldn't have to leave, shouldn't shouldn't shouldn't shouldn't shouldn't shouldn't shou-

Enough.

Inhaling deeply, I recollect the fragments of my oft shattered mental faculties, and piece them back together. Instantly my vision seems to clear, ears perking more alertly and smile growing more genuine as the stallion before me greets my by name. Feeling some of the weight lifting from my shoulders as the stallion goes on to flatter my ego, I allow of burbling chuckle to dance in the air between us, head shaking softly from side to side. When I look up, my forelock falls neatly on both sides of my skull, framing my face and lending my typically dangerous aesthetic a softer edge.

"Solace speaks too highly of me, I am sure," I offer in response, nodding as though to affirm my own dictation. "But, I do appreciate the chance to be meeting you as well. Great things shall come of it, I am sure."

I do not go on as Amet's gaze floats back to the cove, feeling the weight of the secret like static electricity upon my tongue. I want so greatly to ask, but I know that it is still not time; and besides, teasing the stallion with little hints as to what I might mean is more fun than out right saying it. After all, I do still have to get to know him; and, to make matters easier for me, he asks a new question which diverts the topic - somewhat, anyway.

"Indeed it is," I answer with a reserved kind of enthusiasm, my eyes glinting as they turn once more to meet the other's. "When the contagion was released, Solace and I acted quickly, claiming the East's safe land as our own and asking all of our sanctuarians to migrate with us. It was disruptive at first, but things have settled as close to well as I suppose they ever will, now." My expression grows darker with this last statement, mind wandering to recent unfortunate events. "There are some issues with the leadership in both our subkingdoms, but frankly, I can't be made to care when these issues are self-induced."

Preferring not to dwell on the minor idiocy of some of my councilmembers, I myself now turn my gaze away to the cove, thankful for the contemplative mood its calmly churning waves inspire. "But please, tell me - is this what you envisioned for the Sanctuary? Or have Solace and I tainted what you originally dreamt for this nation?"

@[Amet]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    don't get cut on my edges • kagerus - by Amet - 01-27-2019, 09:53 PM
    RE: don't get cut on my edges • kagerus - by Kagerus - 02-04-2019, 05:28 PM