• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Listen To Me Roar [Magnus]

Magnus has not always been described as cautious.

He has been called warmonger, reckless, impulsive. He has been tempted more than once by the bite of a poisonous apple—tempted to sink his teeth into the flesh of sin just to savor the taste of it. He has more blood on his hands than many people recognize; perhaps it is the kind smile or the white-knuckled grip he has managed to keep on himself all of these years. Few remember the boy that he was.

Few remember him as the soldier, as the man who led raids, as the man who took life.

Perhaps it is for the best. Perhaps all of that has helped build him into the King he is today. Perhaps it is exactly that time that enables him to sense something off within her hellhound King and his grandson. Still, he doesn’t dim his smile for her, even when she begins to sniff around the same things that had drawn her King forward. He just maintains a neutral expression, watching her carefully.

“We remain safe,” he says simply, not elaborating further. When she asks about their last encounter with Sinner, he tucks it away. How strange for her to not know the full details of what was discussed. How strange for the two monarchs to operate so independently of one another. But he doesn’t comment on it or even elude to his thoughts. He just nods, rolling a shoulder. “It was an abbreviated visit.”

She is more persistent than he would have guessed, and he finds that he can respect her for that. He can sense the steel beneath the pretty looks, the sharp mind, and he tucks that away for later too.

At the very least, Sinner did not pick his Queen unwisely.

“We remain allied with the East,” he offers. “Although most are these days.” Kagerus and Solace had certainly made sure of that, had certainly made sure to spread their influence far and wide.

“Is that why you are here? To discuss the possibility of an alliance?”

It was difficult to imagine, but Magnus had experienced odder things during his life.

MAGNUS | I don't belong to anyone, but everybody knows my name

@[Mary]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Listen To Me Roar [Magnus] - by Mary - 01-26-2019, 01:45 PM
    RE: Listen To Me Roar [Magnus] - by magnus - 02-03-2019, 05:25 PM
    RE: Listen To Me Roar [Magnus] - by Mary - 02-07-2019, 09:07 AM
    RE: Listen To Me Roar [Magnus] - by magnus - 02-08-2019, 02:25 AM
    RE: Listen To Me Roar [Magnus] - by Mary - 02-08-2019, 09:07 AM
    RE: Listen To Me Roar [Magnus] - by magnus - 02-16-2019, 05:54 PM
    RE: Listen To Me Roar [Magnus] - by Mary - 03-31-2019, 09:31 PM
    RE: Listen To Me Roar [Magnus] - by magnus - 04-14-2019, 05:54 PM