• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Holding you close feels like a cut throat // Kagerus
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

There is a part of me that wonders upon how it is that others view me, thoughts straying to places that they probably shouldn't. They never stray far though, always coming under command of more controlled thoughts; though it is titillating to imagine that other people might see me in that way, I have no interest in pursuing or encouraging such lines of thought. That being said, I am not against being friends; but, as a bisexual monarch in this country, that whole area can be rather gray.

It is clear by the way that the opalescent goddess before me deflates that I have made things very black and white. My stomach twinges, an invisible finger prodding it with guilt; but I ignore the sensation, swallowing back any reservation I had about my own actions as a kind smile slowly unfurls across the length of my lips. Still, that is not to say that I don't have empathy for the exhausted and lonely mare. Stepping towards her, I briefly press my muzzle to her shoulder, a gesture of friendship and support.

I step back, speaking as I do so. "You are always welcome within this land, Sabra. Whether you need a home-away-from-home, or a home - it is not my place to judge or to dictate that. Only to extend the Cove's offer of refuge in your times of need, whenever those may be." I am ready to leave the conversation at that, seeing as how the mare appears so exhausted; but then her voice comes again, and the words attached to her melancholy tone give pause to my exit.

Solace is a lucky mare, to be loved so completely. Impossible to replace. I won't keep you from her any longer.

No,
    I think to myself. It is I who found luck in being hers.

Inhaling, my eyes drop demurely to the earth, a sign of respect of Sabra's great emotional burden as her lips split in what can't quite be labelled a smile. I wish terribly in this moment that I could be what Sabra needs; not because of any sexual or romantic reason, but because I am an empath, a trait descendant from my grandmother. I can feel the way she feels simply by being in her presence, though not to the degree of true empaths; but still, the caring, soft parts of me wish I could make her hurting stop.

"I hope you will stay, Sabra," I murmur, lifting my eyes once more. Their nutmeg depths glint sincerely, matching the husk of my midnight voice. "Stay, and heal." Shuddering as a gust of wind blasts into us, I dip my head, and take my leave.

"Get somewhere safe, before the storm comes; I'm sure I will see you around. Goodnight, sister."

[Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Holding you close feels like a cut throat // Kagerus - by Kagerus - 02-04-2019, 05:05 PM