• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Holding you close feels like a cut throat // Kagerus
    I nod at her assessment of my venture, fully aware that my flight rides the edge of bravery and pure idiocy. I know it's stupid to tempt fate, yet I find myself doing it time and again. It's not as if fate is afraid of pushing back, my body a tapestry of evidence in that regard. It's hardly a conscious decision. I just... find myself, a mile over the ocean and wondering how it would feel to fold my wings and fall. Or staring a predator in the face and daring them to do their worst. Dear gods...

How did I get so fucked up? 

To the point where I get a little thrill at her turning on me, watching her rile like a poked viper when she takes the subtlety from my words. Even in her warlike state, the bay queen is beautiful. She could be some arcane goddess of destruction, illuminated as she is by the hazy moon. I watch her mildly as she spins and flares, only to subside before me with a skyward flick of her eyes. It's a curious reaction, but I can't say I hadn't been expected it in a way. There had never been anything but adoration when Kagerus spoke of her wife. Tonight was no different. 

"I may take you up on that, later. But no, tonight... I could really just use a place to rest." I wilted as the aftermath of the night's activity began to sink into my bones. The adrenaline, the lightning surging through my nerves. It's gone. Nothing left but an empty shell, a spent brass. Smoke in the wind. 

My eyes dipped shut at the approaching thunder. It wouldn't be long before the fat spotlight in the sky became obscured, blanketing the beach in a cold darkness. She's ready to leave, it seems, and truly I've got no reason to keep her here. 

"Yes, yes, of course." I murmur with a sad little smile. "Solace is a lucky mare, to be loved so completely. Impossible to replace. I won't keep you from her any longer." My teeth glinted in the fading light. It would be difficult to tell if I was smiling or bearing my teeth, but it didn't seem to matter. I'd be alone tonight, one way or another. 

@[Kagerus]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Holding you close feels like a cut throat // Kagerus - by Sabra - 01-31-2019, 10:15 PM