• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Holding you close feels like a cut throat // Kagerus
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

The light of the moon lays claim to my land tonight, generous with her silverline kisses, strewn as they are across every stone, every pebble of the Cove. Alone, I watch as the light shifts across the land, not keeping track of the minutes as they turn to hours around me, not waiting for me to catch up. I could dream myself to wherever I needed to be in a heartbeat; but for tonight, I find myself exactly as I should be.

The light reflects liquidly against my leopard print markings, and against the obsidian glimmer of my enchanted hooves. Despite the luminescence of the moon, the lids of my eyes begin to gently droop, coaxed to sleep by the lullaby of far away waves. Dimly I connect my consciousness to Solace's, intertwining my fingers with hers from across the kingdom; but before her arm gently pulls me into her embrace like cascading water, an urgent, loud presence enters my mind. Distracted, I carefully disentangle myself from my wife, promising to visit her later tonight.

In another breath, I materialize next to Sabra - not close enough to frighten her, but not far enough for my appearance to be mistaken for anything other than teleportation.

Silent, my dancer's legs bring my closer to the magnificence that is the fallen queen; where scars usually sit, the moon paints a different picture: one of many facets, a diamond brought to life. My eyes go admiringly to her many angles, to the way she almost glows, here in my Cove. She is different now, than when she was when I bid her come back to life instead of giving into the callings of death; but I fail to place whether the difference is in her favour, or against it.

"Good evening, Sabra," I murmur once alongside the woman. From this close, I can see the sweat pooling against her alabaster skin, casting a faint blue hue along the wettest parts of her. "A long flight tonight?" I glance upward, feel the hairs lining my spine stand on edge. "A storm is coming. Probably the last good air time you'll have for a while." Of her presence her, I ask nothing; dimly, I think of Solace, and feel a knot in my chest begin to form.

@[Sabra]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Holding you close feels like a cut throat // Kagerus - by Kagerus - 01-26-2019, 02:05 AM