• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lior;
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    It didn’t seem possible. Every hope, every dream, of their family being together again was crushed beneath the reality. As Nerine slipped from her grasp, so did Lior and her children. The love was there, unfaded, but each of them dispersed and discovered new roots. Pain leaked into the fibers of her heart as she yearned for them to come together again. As her mind affirmed the improbability of it, her heart retained its optimism.

Taking a deep breath, Nayl knew that her heart’s wishes weren’t in vain.
    They’ve returned.
    All of them.

Castile’s is most prominent, spread across Beqanna much like the plague. It washed across her with a single breath. Only after searching did she take note of Isobell, then finally, Lior. My family, she wants to say, but her voice never makes it past her lips as she migrates south toward the island. The last stretch involves crossing the canal. This is a new place – surely not the Ischia that she visited multiple times – and as hesitant as she initially is, the scent of Castile is carried well enough on the wind to confirm that he – and Lior – are there.

Magic leaks from her own body and extends into the ocean tide. It groans at first, unwilling to bend to her, but with an extra push of resolution, it comes to life and contorts. With it arises both sand and rock until something near enough to the shape of a whale emerges. The rocks and sand provide a walkway onto the back, and once centered, it moves gracefully through the water toward the island. Salty air – so much like Nerine – billows her unruly locks as she stands looking down on the water’s turbulent surface until her ride diminishes in the shallows. The water rises to her knees as she walks the rest of the way to the beach. She doesn’t ask for permission, doesn’t wait to be greeted. Her senses are alive for the first time in years and nothing can stop her.

With hast, Nayl finds him, but he isn’t as she remembers. Uncertain, hesitating, she stares at him for a long moment until finding her voice to ask, ”Lior?” He is no longer shrouded in black with intense silver eyes to watch her.

But his gaze is actually the same, just with a different color to compliment the gun metal of his skin.

Another breath is drawn, confirming her thoughts.

”My love. I’ve missed you.”

former queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina

@[Lior]

Messages In This Thread
    lior; - by Nayl - 01-21-2019, 03:25 PM
    RE: lior; - by Lior - 01-21-2019, 04:55 PM
    RE: lior; - by Nayl - 01-25-2019, 10:56 AM