• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  give me hope in the darkness; any

She's got the devil's eyes

So often unrest rules these lands, feeding strife and temper and war. She’s seen too much of it, knows it’s outcomes too well. And though this plague is unlike anything they have seen before, it is a scene far too familiar. At least for one with a sight as far reaching as hers.

Few truly understand, but Brennen might. He hadn’t grown up this way, but he has seen much in his long life. And she finds herself curious about the magician, wondering at his thoughts as much as anything else. He had chosen to give up his home, his throne, to settle in Nerine. And that is a decision never made lightly. Ever since she’d learned of it, she’d been curious.

But even she had not been immune to the plague and the upheaval it brought. So it is only now she is finding herself with opportunity. With long-held questions and the freedom to pursue them.

Truthfully she hadn’t sought him out. But her timing, so often, is quite fortuitous. To the casual observer, that might be curious, unexplainable. She knows better than that. She’s seen too much of the world. And he has too, she knows. She cannot read his thoughts, but his features hold stories, barely masking the worry and unrest that he must feel.

They’ve never had an opportunity to simply speak, and as far as she is concerned, it is long past time to remedy that. After all, he is now closely connected to her grandmother, and thus, to her. Even if they had shared little before, they do share that now.

“Hello Brennen,” she says by way of greeting, her gaze slipping over him briefly, considerately, before shifting to the waves crashing wildly in the sea below. The wind tangles with her hair, almost bitter against her skin as she stares into it, making her spine prickle. After a moment, she turns her eyes back to him, openly curious. “We’ve never had an opportunity to truly speak, have we?” she observes mildly. “I would like to remedy that.”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    give me hope in the darkness; any - by Brennen - 01-07-2019, 12:12 AM
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; any - by Heartfire - 01-08-2019, 07:12 PM