• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha;
    Lilitha

I watch the city burn, these dreams like ashes float away...

Ruan settled in nearby, and Lilitha smiled softly, ducked her head to fuss over little Singe for a moment as a comfortable warmth washed over her. She brushed the girl’s forelock off her face, pressed a soft little kiss to her forehead, and glanced up at Ruan again as he went on, talking about Aten and how well he’d served Taiga. She nodded, taking his advice to heart. “I’ll keep that in mind, thank you.” Perhaps she’d seek him out, have a talk, see what his interest and involvement with Taiga looked like in person, see how he might be able or inclined to help.

Jinju she remembered, though she hadn’t seen the other girl in quite some time. Woman. She supposed Jinju had grown up too, though it was strange to think of the sweet young girl as aging in their absence from one another. “I hope she’s well. I’d like to see her again sometime, it’s been...quite a while.” They’d been friends once, maybe still were. All Lilitha’s friends seemed to drift in and out of her life at a whim, but wasn’t that the case with everyone? She was her own only constant companion, and perhaps that was...just life.

She smiled at his comment about Polaris, who seemed to be his constant companion, glued to his side as he’d said. “Singe does love her time with little Rian,” she agreed, “and it seems to help the both of them. I’ve never seen so much smiling from her as when she’s spent time with him, and it’s so good to see her let go and play. I’m glad it helps him too.”

One more soft little kiss to her girl’s forehead, and she sighed and glanced Ruan’s way. “You were right, it seems. I shouldn’t be surprised. Never trust a fairy, certainly not for something so big. I did like your idea of going to the Mountain to take the issue up with the fairies themselves. Last time I tried that, though, I got myself banished from Taiga for three years. And that was before I’d learned to hate them. I’m not entirely confident in my ability to keep my temper, nor in my ability to beg. What are your thoughts about the situation?”

...your voice I never heard, only silence.

Messages In This Thread
    The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha; - by Ruan - 01-06-2019, 10:03 PM
    RE: The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha; - by Lilitha - 01-23-2019, 01:51 PM
    RE: The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha; - by Ruan - 01-29-2019, 08:02 PM
    RE: The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha; - by Lilitha - 02-01-2019, 03:27 AM
    RE: The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha; - by Ruan - 02-02-2019, 08:59 PM
    RE: The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha; - by Lilitha - 02-15-2019, 06:32 AM