• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha;
    Ruan

it's not by bone but yet by blade
    can break the magic that the devil made

”Well enough, Ruan, thank you for asking. And Singe even better, which feels more important these days.”

He nodded. The health and emotional well-being of their children would always be their focus, the two of them. He appreciated that about her and was glad to have the chance to see it emerge in her. His eyes looked over the small girl tucked in safely against her side, still resting peacefully. Even asleep, she did appear to be more relaxed, more at home with Lilitha and the Taiga.

”And yourself? How are you and your little ones?”

He stepped closer and gently lowered himself to the ground close by to settle in with them, stay awhile and enjoy her company. They never seemed to catch time together. Hopefully that would change now that the lands were settling. The plague was still a threat knocking at their door and he wasn’t sure how to protect them from it, not that anyone really could, but he’d do what he could. He’d find a way to help.

“Aten has returned. He’s like a son to me and has always helped me in anything the Taiga has needed. I’m sure he’d help if you’d like.” Before the attacks, Ruan had hoped to groom him to take over the care of the Taigans. Then the danger came and he would not let it fall on his only son in the very start of his leadership. He didn’t want to press her to ask Aten for help if she didn’t feel comfortable with it and instead continued.

“Jinju helps as much as she can. She’s going through a lot, but has remained in Taiga. Polaris is resting with Rian now or she’d be glued to my side,” he added with a soft smile of amusement. He wished he could teach her independence as he had with Jinju, but this one just kept coming back. She was quiet but so fierce, adamant that she belonged exactly where she placed herself and he found it hard to argue with her beautiful determination. “Rian is struggling, but I hope he’ll improve over time. It seems to help when he and Singe get some time together.”

and it's not by fire but what's forged in flame
    can drown the sorrows of a huntsman's pain

Messages In This Thread
    The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha; - by Ruan - 01-06-2019, 10:03 PM
    RE: The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha; - by Lilitha - 01-23-2019, 01:51 PM
    RE: The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha; - by Ruan - 01-29-2019, 08:02 PM
    RE: The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha; - by Lilitha - 02-01-2019, 03:27 AM
    RE: The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha; - by Ruan - 02-02-2019, 08:59 PM
    RE: The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha; - by Lilitha - 02-15-2019, 06:32 AM